Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need a source quick...1940 Buick Headliner and front seat cover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bugman, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Bugman

Bugman

I'm working on a new project, and time is very limited. I'm looking for a headliner and front seat cover for a '40 Buick Super 4dr sedan. I've found people that can sell me the material, and people who can make them for me...eventually(best lead time was 8 weeks, and that's to much). The guy wants the car done in just a few weeks. I'd prefer to buy ready made stuff rather than make it myself just cause of the time it will save. Any sources you can provide would be extreamly helpful. Thanks.

2. brandon

brandon

A Place In California Called Acme.....my Buddy That Does Interior Work Gets All Of His Old Headliners From Them .....brandon

3. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Not sure about the seat cover but for the headliner try :

ACME AUTO HEADLINING Co.
    Long Beach, Ca.
    1-800-288-6078

..they've been around 1932..

CC

4. Bugman

Bugman

Thanks for the quick replys. I'll give Acme a call in the morning. I think that '40 Chevy stuff is the same, although the material may be different Can anyone confirm that? Thanks

5. sawzall

sawzall

jeff..

I doubt that they are the same.. buick prided themselves on changing everything..

6. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

www.automotiveinteriors.com Got the seat cover for my 39 Plymouth in about 2 weeks for $168 shipped to my door. The covers are priced by the type and pattern of material you choose. I think mine look pretty good.
    Gene

7. Check with nick s here. His family does alot with 41 Buicks

8. 8straight8

8straight8

Give these guys a shot, I know they carry headliners, but not sure about seat covers, they do however only specialize in older Buicks.
    http://buick-parts.com

http://www.bobsautomobilia.com
    Bob's doesn't always have what U are looking for but they'll know were to find it