Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Could of cried 34 3w

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 39WILLZ, Jan 14, 2020.

1. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Op , like others have said , its Rough, But Not that Bad , set of dolly's / hammer's some metal skills welder you would be surprised, in 1984 a guy I know when things where word of mouth , he paid $8,000 just for a 1932 5 window"" body "", no floor a foot all the way around was rusted off from setting on the ground .

39WILLZ likes this.
  2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Yeah, apparently people with the last name of Booth are not to be trussed if history is any teacher.

SS327, WiredSpider and 39WILLZ like this.
  3. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I've seen way worse and the car that really blew my mind was the '32 5W that started off as a left quarter panel and I think a bit of the cowl. The Dave Clark 5's "Bits and Pieces" comes to mind. And remember the whole will be greater than the sum of its parts. On the other hand ship over to Sweden, those guys are truly miracle workers!

39WILLZ likes this.
  4. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

The Frankenstein 32 from Williamsburg Virginia? that was lost in shipping for like 6 months to 1 year, I think to Australia

5. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Hey Pete thanks dude and sorry to hear about the Hemi, that crap does stink and it seams to be part of life now, what was the Hemi going in, Japan sounds cool we keep saying we're gonna visit one day. Wayne

6. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Didn't think of it that way, see what I can find

7. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

8. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Same as that cutting out pieces of overlapped metal welded, brazed, filled and under sealed nothing worse.easy to start with a rusted out wreck.

9. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Thanks I'm gonna put it right as best I can, keep ya posted as I go.

10. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Like ya style, was thinking of a little visit to Canada my self one day

11. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Defo recent think some of the bondo was still curing where it was so thiiiiiiiick.

12. clem

clem

Perhaps you could get ‘flop’ to come have a ‘holiday’ in the UK ................

39WILLZ and 19Eddy30 like this.
  13. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Flop does Great work , If Flop was to do the Work ,it would look the way Ford assembled .

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    39WILLZ and VANDENPLAS like this.
  14. If anyone can fix it, you can.
    I dunno, these cars are so old now, these sort of repairs are almost to be expected.

15. Nice Willys.

METAL MELTDOWN and 39WILLZ like this.
  16. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Thanks my pride and joy came out of South Africa......

METAL MELTDOWN likes this.
  17. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Reckon your spot on there dude,,,, just hurts when it happens to ya.,,,,,,,

James D likes this.
  18. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wayne, is it gauche to ask you to spill the financials on this debacle? However, not wishing in any way to undermine the misrepresentation issues, or your, thankfully passing, despair! Our US cousins are probably gagging on their brews at such a question, but we're fellow Brits, and rough arse ones at that! :)
    Chris

redoxide and 39WILLZ like this.
  19. Can't wait to see what you do with the 3 window!

39WILLZ likes this.
  20. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Hey Chris just starting to get over it,,,, now you want to kick me in the dogs dangleeeees,,, let's say I could of bought a steel 3w 32 from Brookville and still had some dosh left........

21. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ouch! Paid for fillet steak and got asshole, and a skanky one at that! Oh well, it's only money, easy come (yeah right!!), easy go.... get hammering and the build / rescue thread going - nah, keep it on this one and you can soon edit the title as the right time - tears to joy.

Looking forward to the progress reports - no pressure then ;)

Chris

39WILLZ likes this.
  22. mountainman2

mountainman2

Yes, we would all like to know the seller's name but DO NOT go back thru that old correspondence to review the details. It took you 6 years to heal to a point where you could even look at it again. When old wounds are reopened, usually takes even longer to get over the second time. Now, when you get it back in shape and are all giddy with your success, look back at the info and out the "bastid" with name and details! :mad::mad::mad:

39WILLZ likes this.
  23. 39WILLZ. I think at the very least the City and Province of the seller should be made public. I know of someone that covers everything they sell in black primer, and wants un-obtainium for each sale. I would like to confirm that it isn't them.

I would like to think that a fellow countryman would be above such deceit, but unfortunately lack of integrity knows no boundaries.

My 35 3W looks something like your 34 in some places, but I suspected it when I purchased it.

It is wrong of you to accept any of the blame. All the blame fits squarely on the seller's shoulders and they should be sent back in time when such actions got what they deserve.

I feel your pain.

If any H.A.M.B. member needs a scout for a potential purchase in my area in the future, I am willing to check it out on their behalf. Calgary and Red Deer are near by and I'd gladly help you.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  24. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

On the other hand this is such a rare occurrence among HAMB members. I wonder if Ryan would be interested in banning the fellow if this was a transaction that originated on this forum?

39WILLZ and harpo1313 like this.
  25. KKrod

KKrod

That guy was a scumbag. I bought a '32 3w that looked really solid in the pictures. It was in New York state and on ebay and I was a little bit naive so I bit. My mind told me it was in good condition under the paint. I've never been more devastated by the car. It took a lot of fun out of the hobby for me. I ended up selling it with full disclosure on the condition and the buyer was happy with the price and I got some of my money back. I don't know what to tell you but be sure that you will be happy with the car when it is completed. That is a lot of work and the finished value will be affected. I decided to cut my losses and start over with a better body. How are the doors? It may be worth more to someone else than you think. Just my 2 cents.

kidcampbell71 and 39WILLZ like this.
  26. 8flat

8flat

Sorry to see that, but it's a great coupe and will be nice when you're done.
    And like Pensive said, in the future it's a good idea to ask for HAMB members in the area to see if they'll go take a look at a car for ya. Most will. I would.

39WILLZ likes this.
  27. Just had a thought ,,
    Build a bad ass drag car and name it “spilled milk”
    No more crying over spilled milk :p:D

VANDENPLAS, 39WILLZ and 427 sleeper like this.
  28. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Hey sorry to hear you've had the same crap, I've started on it now an feeling more positive about it, the doors are worse than the body think they've been bodged out of Tudor doors and full of plod I'll put some pics up later thanks for your reply Wayne

29. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

That sounds koooooool,,,,,,

30. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Hey thanks for the kind words have a great day,,,,,,,