Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Back to Original Wheel Combo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hdonlybob, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Having had my '63 Biscayne for ten years now, and (9) on the road I have made several changes to it's looks..
    Well, went back (9) years now to the original wheel/dog dish combo.... (with the exception of going to 15" rims, instead of 14")
    Kept the other wheels/tires so I can change back if I want..
    What you think...

Attached Files:

loudbang, arkiehotrods, Tooth and 7 others like this.
  2. fleetside66

fleetside66

I like the change. But, the other one is nice, too. It's too bad there isn't some kind of switch that we can just flick back & forth. Wanna be a millionaire?...invent one of them.

loudbang and Hdonlybob like this.
  3. The best of both worlds.
    Actually 3 different looks, I'd love to see a picture of the car with the caps popped off, too! Those back wheels appear to be, uh, slightly wider than stock, also.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.

4. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Cop Caps RULE! Car looks Great!!!

loudbang likes this.
  5. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Here you go...just happened to take pic before I put he caps on :)

Attached Files:

loudbang, chevy57dude and Tooth like this.
  6. Looks good, but the other wheels look good also! Switch up every summer. Can you post a picture of your hood? It looks cool but I can't tell what you used for louvers.

loudbang likes this.
  7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Bob
    The 63 Biscayne has always been a favorite of mine, the simplicity of them and especially those dog dish hubcaps, I saw a white/red interior car many years ago in a magazine and have been smitten ever since, thought of finding one but never did.
    A few years after that I stopped for breakfast and this later model Ford pickup is sitting by the door with of all things a set of those hubcaps, they looked brand new.
    I waited until someone got into it and asked the elderly man if he would sell them and how much, he said sure how about twenty bucks, met him at his house and took them off, they still had GM decals on the backside.
    I coveted them for a few years and decided to take some stuff to the Portland Swap Meet to help fund another project.
    I had seen some NOS ones on that auction site for HUGE money, I was asking $350 for them and there was a lot of interest, one guy kept coming by the stall to see if they were still there every few hours with a higher offer than his previous one.
    About ten minutes before the meet was over he came by thinking he'd "steal" them, he did, for the asking price and was glad to find they were still there.
    By the way, the same ones were used on 66 Chevy II's with the only difference being the paint between the ribs was silver where the Biscaynes were accented black.

chevy57dude and Hdonlybob like this.
  8. southcross2631

southcross2631

Personally I would paint the wheels body color. the bumper being black and the wheels just doesn't work for me. Your car though. I like the small hub caps and steel wheels and black walls .

LM14 likes this.
  9. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’ve a nice set of those. Need to do something with them someday.

loudbang likes this.
  10. thegreenbuzzer

thegreenbuzzer
    from Knoxville

11. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Here is a hood shot..
    I got a lot of crap for putting in these louvers....but I like them.
    They are fuel tank vents from an old speed boat. :)

Attached Files:

12. Tooth

Tooth
    from Missouri

20180405_181101.jpg I like it!!! I myself am kind of partial to the factory look! I do have other tires and wheels I put on once in awhile but this is what I like the best.....

13. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Your Biscayne looks good no matter what you do to it!

loudbang, Hdonlybob and Tooth like this.
  14. Liking that grille bar btw...

15. I put boat vents on the hood of a '70 El Camino I had. Worked for me!

loudbang likes this.
  16. Tooth

Tooth
    from Missouri

I want to see what's under the hood of the 63 impala!
    Cool ride. I also noticed the Lucky Strikes on the dash, been a long time since I seen anybody smoking those.