Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Blasphemi

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by sdluck, Dec 24, 2019.

1. sdluck

sdluck

I just watch Motor trend video of Blasphemi and looks like their final runs was against Squirrel,Tony did a killer job. Congrats to all on the Hot Rod power tour.

chryslerfan55 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  2. and squirrel almost beat him. had him beat in the 1/8 mile.

VANDENPLAS, Hnstray and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  3. Mike's 55 is a true 8 second street strip car. He did a lot of work to get it there.

Thor1, lothiandon1940 and wraymen like this.
  4. He paid a lot of other folks a whole lot of dollars to get it there. and barely beat a old geezer who done it all himself.

5. Anything can happen in drag racing. Like the saying goes, it does not madder if you win buy a inch or a mile, winning is winning!

19Eddy30, Boden, mgtstumpy and 4 others like this.
  6. Sorry but i love that car

Paul B, Boden, B Bay Barn and 2 others like this.
  7. Race starts at about 11:30..Both cars are pretty special IMHO.

rysemus, DenverFlash, Paul B and 8 others like this.
  8. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Don't take anything away from Finnigan. He played the game, he won, simple as that.

9. That was awesome, thanks man :D

10. slowmotion

slowmotion

I like that Squirrel treed him big time...:D
    I do like that '55 though, & Finnigan seems like a good Joe too.

dan31, Tman, Thor1 and 10 others like this.
  11. Yeah Finnegan has no reaction abilities lmao

Tman, Boden and mgtstumpy like this.
  12. 54BOMB

54BOMB

In the episode he was trying to beat the guy in the green ranchero all week , I’m not sure what place the Nova was in ? Looks like a fun event to be a part of.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. squirrel

squirrel

Mike (in the 55) was ahead of Scott (in the Ranchero) all week. I was way behind, in 5th place. And the reaction times don't matter, the places are determined by average ET over the week. The times in yellow are the final average ET and MPH over 5 days.

results a gas.jpg

btw it's not Power Tour...it's Drag Week. There's a little bit of difference. Yes, I've done both.

And I don't take anything away from Mike for having help with his car. It's a beast, and it's taken him years to get it this far, he's always working on it. In an episode of Roadkill Extra, he said he's spent about 100k on the car, what with all the engines problems he's had, etc. It's not a freebie deal, he's worked his ass off to have it.

14. You're a helluva guy squirrel, got my respect

15. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Congratulations on finishing the week , looks like an absolute blast as well as very demanding.

crazy wheel, Just Gary, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  16. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What amazes me is that someone running a Ranchero, with the weight bias problems, is competitive. I had one, and put it away every fall because it was so light in the rear.

I also agree with Lloyd's assessment of "Squirrel".

17. belair

belair

Hemis have a long history of running some down at the end of the track.

lemondana, dan31 and Thor1 like this.
  18. squirrel

squirrel

The Ranchero and Finnigans 55 have very similar engines and drivetrain s. When Mikes transmission broke, he borrowed some tools from Jared to fix it. And Mike gave Jared a rocker arm to replace one that broke in the Ranchero. Stuff that you don't know about, unless you were there.

Sent from my Trimline

Atwater Mike, Besty34, Thor1 and 22 others like this.
  19. Car guys always have each other's back :)

20. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Love it!
    I’d rather watch one drag race than a whole day of Nascar.
    Always been my favorite racing since the days of Don Garlits, Don Pruhdomme, and Tom McEwen, and so many others.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. raven

raven

100k to get his car running where it is? He’s got corporate help, not like the usual Joe (Squirrel). More respect for Squirrel any day.
    r

Every once in a while, life gets a little more surreal.

22. I suppose my point was squirrel has more talent and experience than money invested. Finnigan has more dollars than experience & talent. Squirrel has something called Know How.

23. Are you telling me that squirrel isn't Steve Forbes brother?? o_O

Thor1 and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  24. You will have to ask him that question.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  25. squirrel

squirrel

Finnegan's car is fast, too....and he had some bad luck with engines the past few years. He had fun thing happen like a casting flaw letting water in, then dropped a valve seat, then a bunch of other problems. I guess it took him a while to find a machine shop that really knew what they were doing with Hemis.

He has a whole bunch of know how....and I don't think he gets anywhere near the "corporate help" that you think he does.

Steve is my son. But not the rich Steve.

26. My Opinion Just a Opinion. I think if Squirrel had half of the money that Finnigan has spent he would have a 6 second car.

27. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

While most of us are dreamers the both of them are living the dream, congrats to both!

Thor1, 40ply, HotRod33 and 6 others like this.
  28. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

I get the feeling squirrel has more fun dumpster diving and trying to make the most out of what he digs up, (and does pretty well with no Holley efi, 871 hi helix, air shift , ect)