Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Door glass seal on Chevy Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by maker, Dec 15, 2019.

1. maker

maker

Howdy.
    Putting a 1952 Styleline Deluxe back together. Have a question about the door window seals. I have the channel type that would fit in the vertical sides and the horizontal of the door when rolled up.
    What I’m curious about is the lower horizontal seal that would be between the door and the glass. I see universal type seals about, but curious if I am just missing something, or if google is not producing results because I am not using the correct term?

2. Are you talking about the fuzzy? Anti rattle kit?

3. BJR

BJR

A lot of cars have a bottom seal that goes into the bottom of the channel that holds the glass. It has a lip that seals to the outer door skin.

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

5. I wonder are you looking for the anti rattle strips, commonly called "cats whiskers."

6. Check out the RePop brands. They may have a kit for you car. You can install with 3m sealer on the baileys. Use very small Phillips head screw on the fuzzy strips.

7. maker

maker

Thank you all, apologize for the delay in response. Fuzzies, helped my search, ant-rattle is exactly where I needed to be it appears. I was more looking at the fact I didn’t want rain to run down the window and into the door. Any rust indications have been repaired and I am in no mood to do it again in 25 years.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Copper Top likes this.
  8. 62SY4

62SY4
    from Irwin, Pa

I wouldn't expect the cat whiskers to stop water from entering the door cavity. The anti rattle strips serve as a guide, not a seal. As a previous poster commented, some windows use a molded rubber channel in the sash, this is closer to a seal but is not perfect.

9. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

External fuzzies actually won't stop the water entering the door cavity but slow it down. That sash channel weatherstrip only deflects the water that runs down the glass past the fuzzies. Personally I'd spray the door cavity with rust preventative / fish oil and ensure that the door shell lower drain holes aren't clogged. Water will then run off the oil and out through the drain holes. In saying that I rustproofed all my cars at rolling body stage and I've never undertaken any rust repairs whatsoever to any of them, and they got parked and driven in the rain. It doesn't snow here either. ;)

10. Rubber The Right Way or Steele Rubber should have them. With Steele, just plug in your car stats and a shopping list comes up with everything they make for the car.

maker likes this.
  11. maker

maker

My thought would be to use the second item noted on post 4.
    After looking closer this morning I can see whatever was factory there had some type of metal backing.

Will look further into suggestions provided. All over the rust proofing but if I could get a seal here like newer vehicles it would assist me to sleep a little better (jk). I’m not sure that the car will even see the rain, but I do tend to get stuck on silly little things like this.

Again guys thanks for all the suggestions!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. maker

maker