Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rare 1937 Hump Back Dodge Panel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hdonlybob, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

A while back there was a thread on a rare Dodge Panel truck.
    Was very interesting..
    Well I just saw the one for sale in Milwaukee WI.. :) and I think it is the same.
    Looks to be in pretty good shape.

Attached Files:

2. exterminator

exterminator

Had a 36 back in the 70s but never got it running.:(

3. Saw a 1936 humpback panel laying on it's side on a farm in northern Michigan when I was a kid. The farmer offered it to me for free, but my Dad would have none of it. Said I was too young and I already had my 1931 Dodge Brothers coupe and my 1936 DB sedan.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Dodger,

When my dad was in college, he was offered two 30's Packards for very little money- a limousine and a roadster with a rumble seat- my grandfather talked Dad out of them- waste of time and money, and Dad always regretted it... funny that he sold my '62 Chevy II convetible to "help me with my college debt" years later... :rolleyes:

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. Stooge

Stooge

A different one seems to pop up for sale around here atleast once or twice a yr. The guy who owns the building my shop is at, had a fairly heavily channeled '38 humpback panel sitting outside for too long. I thought about buying it a few times, made some casual low offers because it would have been a huge project for how bad the body was, but he eventually found some r*trod guy to pay what I thought was waaaay too much for it. it had an custom made frame, flaming river steering rack and what at one time was a new 9", but it had sat sometimes covered/ sometimes not in Massachusetts weather for atleast 4yrs and anything that was once nice, was pretty junky looking. Glad he got the money for it, but I think the guy overpaid for it. Supposedly the guy got it running and driving over the summer, but I don't know what shape the body was in.

the floor was mostly cut out, but before the inside was filled with doors and fenders, I put a piece of wood and an old seat in it and my head was up into the hump, so that helped talk me out of it. in the second picture, you can see the tape where it was going to get chopped and make it a real limited buyer pool for people who could fit in it

Screenshot_2018-10-30-10-49-35.png

Screenshot_2018-10-30-10-51-25.png

6. ol'55

ol'55

[​IMG] I have a 1936 in the works. Was a 1 1/2 ton truck. Lowered and car nose install.

7. ol'55

ol'55

Here is the pic.

Attached Files:

8. earlymopar

earlymopar

That looks very solid and original in that the headlights are correct for a Dodge "commercial" model, the grill (while somewhat pushed-in) is in tact as is as the hood trim.

- EM