Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Thanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46poncho, Dec 9, 2019.

1. 46poncho

46poncho
    from Indiana

I am posting under folks of interest to say thankyou!!! In a world so full of people who are greedy, who would cheat their own momma to get ahead, or stab their best friend in the back, I have been fortunate to be a part of the HAMB. I have bought several things from the classifieds both local and far away. I have always been treated right and never cheated. I have asked plenty of questions and always had folks take their time to answer my questions. Point is. Thankyou for being honest, helpful, real, and true! If the rest of the world was as good as the car community we have, it would be a great thing! Thanks

Sent from my SM-S367VL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Car guys.....thats just the way they are....

3. 006EC838-4FD1-479C-B2FD-693DFBB48665.jpeg B7BFE47A-5079-4F3C-B7E5-275C176A9176.jpeg Have literally 50-60 transactions thru the HAMB over an 8 year period;never a bad one. Thanks HAMB brothers and sisters as it’s thru your honesty this hot rod venue works well!

loudbang, pitman, catdad49 and 4 others like this.
  4. You are right,,awesome guys here.

To be fair though,,,a lot of the credit goes to Ryan and his moderators.
    They stay on top of things and watch out for crooks and scammers.
    And the members here help tip them off about potential crooks as well.
    It’s like a family I guess.

I dont see how they can herd all the cats here and not lose their mind.
    Thousands of members,,,and still they make it look easy.
    The best site by far !!!

Tommy

Petejoe, loudbang, pitman and 5 others like this.

5. rightonrightonrighton..........

loudbang and Texas Webb like this.
  6. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

The tribe does not steal from itself....

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  7. Shhhhhhh...don't let the secret out or the scammers that prowl ebay will come over here.

loudbang likes this.
  8. No other place or people like the HAMB.

loudbang likes this.
  9. We gotta take care of each other, nobody else will :rolleyes:

The37Kid and loudbang like this.
  10. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

I could tell you a story about a "rust free" 57 Ford 2dr Wagon purchased from a HAMBer but that is history and a lesson learned. Have not seen that individual on for a few years now, just as well. The scammers are fairly easy to spot, it is the liars that ruin things! But as stated many other purchases have been as described and worth every penny and the integrity of the seller is intact.

loudbang likes this.
  11. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I too have bought and sold many items here on the HAMB and the Barn as well with no issues. Parts have gone to and come from Australia, Europe, and all parts of the US and Canada. I am currently selling off some parts for the widow of a friend of a friend. Since I didn't know the history of the parts or what some of them were, fellow HAMBer's helped ID many of the parts. As a result most if not all of the parts are sold or pending waiting on payment. I've always tried to treat everyone as I would want to be treated and IMHO it has worked out just fine so far.

12. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I've bought a fair amount of parts, sold a fair amount of parts, but even more so, I've given a bunch more away, just to thin the herd, and help someone out. My ONLY complaint, is when something is FREE, FREE, FREE, don't send me around town to get shipping quotes, and then decide the shipping cost is too much. The part/parts are FREE; I'm not going to pay the shipping too. I actually had someone ask me if I would do that (???). What's the old saying, "Never look a gift horse in the mouth"!!!!! Rant over. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

alanp561 and duncan like this.
  13. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No good deed goes unpunished!

Asphalt Angel likes this.
  14. mutant55

mutant55

Same goes for me, I have bought a ton of nice parts here, AND sold a few too! The best thing about this group/family is if you don't know something, 9 times out of 10 someone is going to be able to give you the experienced info you need. And with the feedback stats Ryan added, it's getting easier to spot the Scammers. So Thanks Hamb family from me too!