Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Which version of my '47 Ford do you like? ONE MORE CHANGE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigO, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Numero uno. But wudda I know..

BigO, slack, zzford and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

First pic and/or last pick
    Both ways look the best in my opinion.

BigO and zzford like this.
  3. You still have the flat head do you not? Then I would have to go ass down nose up. Hard to pull off a hot rod with 85hp. You live in the south, got AC? if not I'd seriously consider a lighter color. I know dark looks best on fat ladies but not much fun showing up sweaty and cooked to a crisp.

But I do agree with many of the others, how it sits now is nice. The kind of car you can use daily and not fuss over leaving it at the grocery store lot. Splurge on a new interior so you can enjoy the ride from the drivers seat.

Positive thoughts your way that it will not be the last build.

Sent from my SM-A102U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

BigO likes this.
  4. leon bee

leon bee

Number One for me. I'm gonna be real brave here and admit I hate wide whitewalls, fender skirts, and tail draggers.

loudbang, Gman0046, BigO and 3 others like this.
  5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

The first and last pictures for me. What would it look like with Torque Thrust wheels?

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man really they are all cool but I’d be rocking the first photo with the slot mags like right now

7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Top or bottom. Pick your favorite dark color.

BigO likes this.
  8. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

As nice as the PS mods on your coupe, the rear tail looks like someone loaded a ton of cement bags inside and you are coming home from Lowe’s. That look only caters to a very small few, if that is your style. The hot rod/drag racer look has it by a mile, but that is my preference.

For the real pocket book in high school #2 with the black rims is what you would have seen as a common thing. Finally, the cruiser look with the worn paint look is what a finished high school hot rod would look, prior to the finish paint.
    HOT ROD LOOK
    upload_2019-12-9_4-6-51.png
    EARLY 60S HIGH SCHOOL CRUISER LOOK
    upload_2019-12-9_4-7-39.png
    OLD STYLE DAILY DRIVER
    upload_2019-12-9_4-8-9.png
    But, if you look at the HAMB classified section, @ROB-REDM has an ad for one of the nicest 46 Ford coupes around. It has “THE” look for this size of coupe, with the American Mags, the subtle color and the “We mean business” look. I am sure much care was taken in the build and it certainly looks like it.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1946-ford-coupe-street-drag-car.1142318/
    upload_2019-12-9_4-8-44.png
    The California rake just adds to this style coupe. Not the lowered in the rear look.

Jnaki

The 46 Ford coupe I rode around in during high school was purple and had a slight California rake. It added to the overall look of the car.

BigO, B Bay Barn and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  9. JNAKI, Coming home from Lowe's with the trunk full of cement bags. Lol That's funny. We usually agree on most things. But I differ on this one. You growing up on the west coast, and I'm on the east coast, probably explains our difference in taste. I like the Califiornia rake better on Hot Rods. But I like the tail dragger look better on Kustoms. I also think that pre 1935 cars make better Hot Rods, and post 35 cars make better customs. { Not Always } Hay that's just me, and not always true even for me. So I like the { Low and Slow} tail dragger look with Kandy paints, spots, skirts, on a 47 Ford. Just my opinion. The only opinion that really counts is the owner's. It is your car, so only you know what you like??:) Ron........

BigO, WB69 and jnaki like this.
  10. slack

slack

#1 with the Halibrands trips my trigger.

BigO and Kelly Burns like this.
  11. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

I vote for any of the "hot rod" look, but prefer the slots.

Hombre, loudbang and BigO like this.
  12. jim snow

jim snow

Number two.jmho. Snowman

loudbang, BigO and Elcohaulic like this.
  13. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Defiantly #2.. Spiders or even better, push-thru center caps with chrome lugs and skirts...

BigO likes this.
  14. ...you know which I like...

BigO likes this.
  15. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

#1, Nosed and decked with flames or #6, nosed and decked and in primer.

BigO likes this.
  16. Thanks Ron, I agree it's my final choice but it's nice getting the opinions of your peers, that's why I love the HAMB so much, the people are honest and actually care about your situation and are there for you when you need help, I now live alone and I'm a long way from my old car buddies so this is as close I can get to a car family at this time in my life. BigO

17. Your observation and opinion is just as important as anyone else, your here because you love traditional cars just like the rest of us, thanks for posting which one you like. BigO

Shutter Speed likes this.
  18. Great observation of the time line of these cars, you would be surprised how much that helps. Thanks, BigO

jnaki likes this.
  19. Yes i do. :D BigO

20. These responses are a great help to me, at this point in my life I live alone and far away from my old car friends and some have left us but the HAMB has been a good friend to me in the last few years thanks to folks like all of you, and this may not be my last build because my Oncologist just told me that some of my lung cancer spots are GONE and the rest are now very small so it looks like you've not heard the last of me yet. Thanks guys. :D :p BigO

21. I hope people still post their likes and opinions because they help me make a decision that we all can be proud to have been a part of. Hope to see more. BigO

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  22. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

#3. Love tail draggers, skirts and wide whites. The green looks good on that car.

23. I vote for the green tail dragger look, although they all look good.

BigO likes this.
  24. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

#6 with a few changes on the wheels & tires - 5.90 & 8.20 whitewalls on '48 Merc wheels painted black, and baldies or '56 Olds Starfires ...

BigO likes this.
  25. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

#1 but there's a sound track that needs to be present on a car that looks like that. :D

BigO likes this.
  26. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

I'm a hot rod and 70's guy and not a fan of tail draggers (all show, no go!) so slotted aluminums is a favorite of mine (#1).

However, like others have asked, what drivitrain are you running? Is the car a hot rod or a cruiser/custom.

I think #2 is a good mix between the two or the last one.

loudbang and BigO like this.
  27. When in doubt- if you like them all- throw a dart. Either way you are going to be happy

BigO likes this.
  28. LOWDUG37

LOWDUG37

The last photo,I like it the way it is.

BigO likes this.
  29. Which sound track is that...:)?

Bandit Billy likes this.
  30. Sorry, I meant to answer that earlier, it has 350/350 setup, I bought it that way, but I'm not a hood popin kind of guy, it has a nice low tone that I like too. Thanks for reminding me. BigO

jim snow likes this.