Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage A day at the Homestead Speedway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dana barlow, Dec 4, 2019.

1. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Ride along with us,,,,Car club was ask again this passed weekend to do the per race Parade for there HANKOOK 500 Sports car Race,we dad about 20 classic,custom,an hot rods. They gave us 3 laps,same as last 4 years. ;; Ride along,both sports car an stock car track combo;; A stop for pizza going home.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Fun stuff - did you get to open it up and do a partial fast lap?

loudbang and dana barlow like this.
  3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

A few years back,our 3 hotrods picked going too very back end of line,so we could drop about a 1/2 straight back from rest of cars,rule then was ,we could not pass any one. We then closed the gap,about 110mph in to turn 3,well we're not aloud to do that any more ,LOL

4. I kept wait for you to blow by the deuce Dana. :D HRP

When we did that at Charlotte Motor Speedway I couldn't help myself and slowed down and got a running start and blew around three of my fellow club members in my '39 convertible, the promoters did think my passing other cars was to amusing and I was politely ask to get off the track.

I honestly didn't hear them tell us you couldn't pass, pr maybe I just wasn't listening.

Fortunately no one was harmed and I got to drive around the track the following day and adhered to the rules. HRP

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019

5. video won't work for me.:(

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I'll drive down next time to visit if you can get me in the parade, Dana! I did a similar thing a couple of years ago at Daytona for a vintage sports car race. They wouldn't let us on the banking, however, citing possible oiling problems on non-race prepped cars. We got nearly 4 laps, a partial lap to get on the track, then two in earnest (no passing) and another partial lap before pulling off. $40 seemed a deal especially since a couple of sporty cars had trouble keeping up with the little red truck.

chryslerfan55 and dana barlow like this.
  7. Moondog13

Moondog13

Nice Dana! I think that's my neighbors T that was behind you. I bought a '39 Chevy from him years ago, great dude.

dana barlow likes this.
  8. belair

belair

9. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

Awesome, Dana. Too bad I sold my RPU. Will need to wait a bit before I have a roadworthy ride :)

dana barlow likes this.
  10. dudley32

dudley32

me either...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. Roothawg

Roothawg

I was amazed at the amount of bank on the turns. I'm a drag racer, not familiar with NASCAR. The first time I got to drive our T on the Texas Motor Speedway, I was amazed at how much force it took to get to the top of the banks.

dana barlow likes this.
  12. ol skool chevy

ol skool chevy

13. Movinman

Movinman

Looks like a lot of fun, Dana. Next time, invite your Fort Lauderdale friends too! Haha!

dana barlow likes this.
  14. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  15. that is a beautiful track. IMG_9070.JPG heres a photo I took on championship weekend this year.

dana barlow likes this.
  16. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

MANY years ago, we stayed at the Indianapolis Speedway Hotel for the (way) OT Cosworth Vega National Round-Up. As hotel guests, we were allowed to run the little Cosworths around the track for 4 ‘parade laps’. The old guy who opened the gate cautioned us to ‘keep it under 55’. As soon as we were out of his sight, The group of 20-30 black Vegas were 3 abreast at 110mph- flat out for the 2.0l four cylinder cars. The wide gently banked track made 110 seem like 55. One guy had his buddy video taping out the back of his open hatchback. They finally flagged us down and we posed for pictures at the brick finish line. Yeah, that was a fun day. I’ve been back to visit the museum and the place is special.

dana barlow likes this.