Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 32 Tudor history

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mat Thrasher, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

I picked up a 32 Tudor body out of Tennessee and I would like to see if anyone has anymore history on it. The guy I bought it from told be that he bought it from an African American gentleman in Asheville North Carolina. He built and drag raced this car in the 50’s.

From what I was told It was parked for a long time and urban sprawl had happened. He had acquired multiple cars and the city was on him to clean up his property. Someone offered to clean the property in exchange for the cars.

The car is pretty rough. But it does have a 4-1/2” chop and It wasn’t channeled. Also, it looks that it had a plywood firewall. I removed it from the car today and it was a part that was fitted to the car. I would think this could help identify it.

I’d love to find out any more history on the car.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  2. Well now, looks like you have yourself a hot rod in the making. Love the chop, it’s almost as if the original owner planned to race it on the track or maybe bonneville.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Mat Thrasher and 34 GAZ like this.
  3. Nice find :cool:. Saved just in time. Good quality plywood too :rolleyes:.

B Bay Barn and Mat Thrasher like this.
  4. 343w

343w

I have an old highly modified firewall that you might want, PM me for some pics.

5. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

6. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

mikie likes it...
    careful what you wish for, the history may include an unpaid B O S , or a '60s poker game IOU...
    make your history for the car, get lots of pix with the grand kids, that may help keep them interested 25 years from now...

Mat Thrasher and 3340 like this.
  7. brady1929

brady1929

That has so much potential. Good luck.

Mat Thrasher likes this.