Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The 1937 Ford Convertible

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the37thstreet, Mar 1, 2015.

1. the37thstreet

the37thstreet

Can anybody identify who built this 37 convertible or have any other pictures of this car ? I have had this photo for 25 or 30 years. And finely decided to build a clone of it.

Attached Files:

• 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      382.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Looks similar the Earl Bruce 37 . HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 and Spooky like this.
  3. A number of similarities there HRP

Spooky likes this.
  4. 35cab

35cab

Not sure if this helps but the same car/ picture appears on page 169 of Fords Forever by Lorin Sorenson. The index credits the photo to Dean Batchelor.
    Rik Hoving has on his Custom Car Chronicle website the same picture at the bottom of a page from Street Rod Builder 2001, he might be the best source of info. Beautiful car though.

5. the37thstreet

the37thstreet

Thanks for your response. I have all the Lorin Sorenson books, that`s where I first seen the Cabriolet years ago. I found a large picture of it at the LA Roadster swap meet years back. It`s the only profile of the car I have ever seen. The Earl Bruce car is real close with no spotlights and 41 bumpers. Would love to see other angle shots of it or who is credited for building it. I have the frame done and just started the body. Any help would be appreciated.

6. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

That 37 is beautiful

7. the37thstreet

the37thstreet

8. the37thstreet

the37thstreet

Still looking for other Pictures of the Mystery 37 or the Earl Bruce 37. Rear shots, Interior, Engine, I`m on the down stretch of cloning the Mystery 37. Has any one seen early Magazine coverage of either car? Any information or help would be great.