Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Quick question for the 33-34 Ford guys...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordor Ron, Nov 29, 2019.

1. So I have noticed that on the 33-34 Fords that are not running fenders there seems to be an inner fender panel that can be fitted to fill the gap between the engine side panel and frame. Is this a factory panel or are guys just building them from scratch? Not all fenderless 40 models run them so I was just curious. Being a 32 guy I am not familiar with these things. Here’s a pic that shows what I mean.

Thanks in advance.

-Ron

D09A9B74-AD23-4A6A-8CBD-B8713BA25C5B.jpeg

2. RonaldR

RonaldR

They were on there from the factory.

3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Got it. Anyone building reproduction fenders will sell them I’m sure.

Thanks for the heads up.

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I got mine from Steve's Auto Restoration (SAR) in Gresham, Or. They fit pretty good but I still spent hours working them over. They are designed to be inner fenders but on a fenderless car they are outer panels so they require some finessing. Among other things I extended mine under the cowl to fill a void or gap there between the frame and body, filled aa bunch of holes and reworked the fit to the grille.
    upload_2019-11-29_20-50-59.png

Pewsplace, Fordor Ron, prpmmp and 3 others like this.
  6. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

yes, hard to find original inner fenders in good condition, so when you do pick them up.

Fordor Ron likes this.
  7. 34Larry

34Larry

Ron you can google where to find them. They are getting more and more expensive though. I have the originals that came in 34, but chose to buy new ones when building my car in about 2015. They required modifying to suit my needs but are very good reproductions.

8. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did a '34 a few years ago with Howells inner fender panels. They took a while to ship, but were pretty damn good. Very little work to get them in shiny black.

[​IMG]

-Abone.