Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Field find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RMONTY, Nov 25, 2019.

1. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Was it back in the day? Last century. Uphill both ways? Sadly no...Minnesota flatlands. Shoes? Of course we had shoes. My brother and I shared a pair.Sadly,it was his day to wear them so I had to settle for just wearing bread bags held on with string. ;) LOL

2. patsurf

patsurf

should have used flower sacks-from my experience,they are much better...

RMONTY and partsdawg like this.
  3. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Why would you put flowers in a sack? :D

4. I've low--crawled further in a pouring rain with 50 cal tracer rounds 3 feet over me...but you'd better have time, money and a place to build that beauty. It's a super popular car with tons of support in the aftermarket but it's also a full-on project. Just perfect for the guy who loves puttering in the shop for a few years before driving the car....and in my part of the world it would make life a lot easier if it had a title.

Gasser 57, weps and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

That looks like a good start on a tribute Vintage Stock Car, anything else will get costly. Bob

WB69 likes this.
  6. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I think flour sacks would be more tradtional.

raven likes this.
  7. alchemy

alchemy

If you guys think that 40 coupe looks rough, you should see the one I drug home. They are all worth saving.

Just from the pics, I'd guess that coupe is worth a grand or two easy. If a nice decklid is there it's worth at least $500 by itself. Finding 40 fenders is easy, they made millions. All the small trim is findable as well, and if you get a hurry it is all made new by Drake and others. And all the floor stuff is available from Carpenter too.

Stogy likes this.
  8. RMONTY

RMONTY

It's been in that field longer than I've been alive probably. I doubt he has people beating down his door about it. It's not like you can see it from the highway. I'm going to get by there in the next week or two and see if he will take scrap price for it. Ive got an old 9N Ford that I could go drag it out and home with. I'm going to get on Google Earth and see how far back in the field it is.

9. What is it, it's a score, I would have bought it on the spot.

Stogy likes this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The laid back approach may help negotiations...It's interesting though how being in the middle of nowhere can actually have a different Earthy Rotation where rushing is for reserved for the Rat Race...:D

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. So Monty, whatever happened with the 40?

12. RMONTY

RMONTY

The guy that had the connection died. I haven't looked into it any further. Got my hands full with the Sedan Delivery. Come help me with the splice!

13. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

ive got 500 bucks for the 40 hahaha cmon, its RIGHT THERE. dont wait for the bank to foreclose and take it or him to call the scrap metal guys cause hes hurtin for money. my cousin PAID. scrap guys to come haul off a model a, a 53 or 54 ford, a cpl pickups and some other stuff....i almost cried when he told me....such a waste

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd swap my 31 Vic in just about the same condition for it in a heart beat. My wife has wanted a 40 Coupe since 1973 when she kept drifting across the Tulsa fair grounds to where a red one was. The guy that owned that is probably still telling stories about the little hottie that hung around him all weekend.
    Truthfully a lot of us have started with far less than is sitting there. It just depends on what the rest of it looks like. It it looks that good I'd be all over it. the other parts are out there and can be picked up one at a time.

15. I would love to! But work won't let me leave :(