Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods MISCHIEF!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boden, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Boden

Boden

What was the most trouble you have gotten into with your car or with soemthing that is car related?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 and Hot Rod Grampa like this.
  2. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

Went to the Vermont Drive In with some buddies and after a few beers decided to move up a few rows. Problem was not all the speaker poles were in line.
    Yup smacked into one, knocked it down and ruined my bumper. Made a quick exit.

chryslerfan55 and slim38 like this.
  3. 40 model Buick, had a mild 350 in it with a 350th and a Ford 8" a 3:50 gear. The problem was that the rear end was bolted to the stock trailing arms that only located the housing and provided no torsional support in the absence of the torque tube. One morning i was headed to work when i happened upon 2 teenage boys that was on their way to high school in a mustang GT. We stopped at the next red light and they started revving up the little pony car, of course i thought it's time to show these kids what a hot rod is all about! When the green came on i hammered the ol' Buick and started pulling the mustang, just when mine shifted to 2nd, it pulled the bolts throughout the trailing arm that bolts the rear end bracket, immediately giving the car rear steer, which put me in the other lane, hitting the mustang, and rendering me dead in the water lol. The boys told the cop i was trying to drag race with them, guess they was mad that their "muscle car" was getting schooled by a land yacht lmao! I knew the cop so i didn't get in trouble, but i had to pay for the damage to the mustang. That's when i learned what the purpose of the torque tube was on the original enclosed drive shaft.....

Attached Files:

4. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are we talking about the car related incidents that landed me in jail...OR...just the incidents that fall under the "mischief" category ?;)

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

7 accidents , 9 tickets , 2 totals ,2 license revocations age. 16-20 . 1968 to present 2 tickets (speeding) 2 accidents ( neither was my fault) only took 4 years to figure it out ...LOL

6. Several years ago, my wife, and I, in my roadster, and my son Joe, ( dual quad 55, here on the H.A.M.B.) and his wife in Joe's 1955 Buick were coming home from the Connecticut Street Rodders, Connecticut Drag-way Re-union. We got off of the route 2 exit to Glastonbury Boulevard, in Glastonbury, Connecticut. We lined up side to side, nothing planned, just impromptu, and we went at it toward Main Street. A Glastonbury cop was across the boulevard divider writing a woman a ticket. He looked over his left shoulder as we went flying by, and just continued writing the woman a ticket. It is a good memory for us. The woman was probably pissed that he didn't come after us.

chryslerfan55 and raven like this.
  7. I don't want to talk about it.:(

8. Drove through a fence in an O/T Duster driving friends home that had been drinking at a high school party, didn't realize it at first because it was a dark area but the home owner chased me down and I paid for the lumber to repair it the next day. That's surprisingly it for me unless you count almost rolling a '41 Lincoln to avoid a deer at 3:30 in the morning that one time.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Mischief? Me?? Surely you jest??? I've told this story here before; nice summer day, stopped at a traffic light in my 90, LX, 5.0 Mustang, on a local major highway. To my left, were a couple of teenage boys, obviously in Daddy's new Pontiac Solstice ( little two seater convertible). The passenger looks over at me and says, "nice car huh"? So I said, "YEAH!!!!!, that's one of them new Pontiac Tampons, you've got to be a real PUSSY to drive one". Apparently, I upset the driver, because when the light turned green, they were off, spinning the tires, making some smoke, and leaving some marks on the pavement (damned hot rodders!!!). They must not have seen the Snohomish County Sheriff's Deputy, in an unmarked car, right behind them (???). The cop looked at me with this rather large grin on his face, he knew I'd set them up, and then lit them up. But officer, he called us pussies; but Daddy, he called your car a Tampon. But, but, but!!! Always, be aware of your surroundings. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  10. Too many to tell... one comes to mind. Burning rubber on Main Street late '60s, cop pulls me over in my '48 Chevy panel truck and asks what's under the hood. When I tell him it's the original stove bolt six, he tells me to open the hood and prove it. He says: "I can't believe you made that much noise with a six banger"! Shook his head and let me go...

11. djr041060

djr041060

Lost my driver’s license on my 19th birthday for medical reasons. You don’t take a teen age kid’s wheels once they have had a taste of freedom and expect them to go willingly. Between age 19 and age 27 I had seven accidents because of seizures. Resulting in five trips to court, and the threat of jail time.
    After 14 years of riding a bicycle, and brain surgery, I got my license back at age 40. For the last 19 years I have been able to enjoy the car I bought at age 16. IMG_1777.JPG

12. Testing the new(rebuilt) mag under load at full throttle in the sprint car at 3 in the morning, in My parking lot. Cops show up about a noise complaint and get pissed I won't let them in through the gate. I explain it's my property and if and when I see "Mr. Noise" I'll mention they want to talk to him about some complaint. They weren't amused by my wit. I wasn't amused by my wit either...….. on the walk home from the station.

chryslerfan55 and raven like this.
  13. goldmountain

goldmountain

I was riding shotgun with my pal in his mom's '69 Cadillac when I fell asleep. He rolled down the passenger side power window and I woke up immediately from a dream of falling out a window. Now that every car has power windows, it is just too easy.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Without a doubt! Always be aware of your surroundings!!

15. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

My buddy and I were drinking one Saturday night many moons ago in Muskogee, Okla, and I woke up in Nebraska. Apparently we decided to go see my girlfriend at the time and her friend. Good to be young.

Bones

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  16. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I was in Daytona . Getting ribbed by my Buds, for ridin a kicker and a hand jammer . We caught a light on the way to the Cabbage Patch , light went green I was a head of his EVO ,so far it looked as if I was screamin by myself . All of the sudden between 2 houses on go the blues . 2 motorcycle patrolmen . I was at about 90 mph at that point . I saw them pull out . So I just geared the old tank down and stopped . I was sitting on the curb , the old Bastard idling when , he caught up to me . As he walked up my Buds went cruising by . I could see my face reflecting in his boots as he walked up to me . He says “ Do you mind shutting it off , and the other Harley didn’t do so well did it ? “ My reply was “ I will shut it down if you promise to help me get it running again ! What Harley are you talkin about , your partner ? “ He chuckled just his partner pulls up that had stalled out . He says “ he was sayin he was goin to catch up behind you ! As he chuckled . He says I got you at 61 in a 45 MPH , do you want to see my radar ? I said no where do I sign . I was a lucky dog , I guess he could see I was not drinking , just having fun at 2:00 am . Once the ticket was given out , then they wanted to look at my scooter . They ask how in the hell do you jam gears so fast on that thing ? I told them I went to motorcycle driving school to learn. They chuckled ! I lit the wick and putted away to meet the losers ! I was so far ahead of them and the coppers , I could of made it to the Patch and drifted into the crowd , but I was caught and took my punishment . One thing I can say not one of my Buds ever said another word about me ridin a hand jammin , kicker anymore ! I ask my Buddy how do you like me now Top Cat ? I guess nice guys always finish last !

chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  17. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Same town, during bike week. Stopped at a light at one those causeways that go over the rivers/ocean, in my buddies ot souped up diesel, double extended cab( home made) side pipe equipped daully. Two beautiful choppers came up beside us, kinda racked off their pipes, so I hit by buddies really souped up diesel fir a little smoke effect. My buddy , that had been drinking a little, said “ when that light changes... hit it! “ Ooook! I was watching the light, the moment it changed I stabbed the gas, four 16 inch tires started smoking and away we went! I was watching in the mirror as both those choppers were grabbing gears and trying to catch us. It was somewhere near a quarter of mile up and over that bridge and I had to jump down on the brakes to stop at the light. I was stopped before those choppers showed up! One of the guys said “ it’s a sad day in Hell, when a diesel pickup outruns my chopper!”.....did I mention it was souped up?

Bones

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Ticket of the month club, lost license 3 times, mischief or just bad timing, don't know. Crap I have even been told to slow down at the track. :oops:

chryslerfan55 and Boneyard51 like this.
  19. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

By that red Ford? Lol 677E75E8-E71B-48ED-B2EC-EEAA62D5DD51.jpeg

20. Mischief? Whatever do you mean? I did have one “mischievous “ moment in my F-100 but I can’t talk about it here.

Boden likes this.
  21. Pfft, mischief..... the words you use like all of us are some degenerate bunch of hoodlums.

shit I could write a book, from “having relations” on the side of the hwy in traffic

to street racing with a cop behind us

plus about a million more utterly stupid situations I put myself in, I could be here for weeks trying to explain them all.