Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Old guys-old stories! Call out thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotty t, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Well we’ll see how this goes over! Who’s story do you want to hear? Call them out ( politely)!
    @dana barlow
    @porknbeaner
    @HOTRODPRIMER
    @Marty Strode
    Andmany more.
    Please guys enlighten us with your wisdom and experience.
    Please add names to the list, I only stopped Naming names where I did to give others a chance to add more names.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  2. Some of the guys here were around when all the good stuff happened, knew the big names( some ARE the big names) some were involved heavily in various types of racing, building etc. These are the stories I’m referring to.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I sold a 270 baby hemi back in 2010 to a nice younger , probably around 30 years old fellow....He flipped it about a month later and in the ad he stated that the old guy he bought it from...meaning me...Wow..first time I realized that even though I feel young , Father Time is real....

Bandit Billy and LOU WELLS like this.
  4. in the weeds

in the weeds
    from Kansas

Whats your definition of old. I feel it every day but im only 47. friend of mine and fellow hamber who is over 70 were talking about the average age and how many old guys were on this board just today. He guessed that 30 percent of the members on the hamb were 65 and up. What would your guess be and is 65 old?

5. Slopok

Slopok

Not if you're 69!;)

Hnstray, warbird1 and dana barlow like this.
  6. Lerenzo Rawson

Lerenzo Rawson

I'd definitely like to hear some from HotRodPrimer and Moriarity!

Sent from my cp3705A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 and scotty t like this.
  7. How do I put this? Old as in very experienced, and involved in “significant “ aspects of our hobby. Including known racers/racing, kustoms, etc. Guys who’s stories need to be told while they still can be.

8. For example, I’m in my 50’s Been playing with cars my whole life but I have nothing significant to add to this conversation.

9. Another example would be @porknbeaner, he has hinted around enough to have me intrigued, his story needs to fleshed out better!

10. I think I like where you're going with this. Some folks have a hard time talking about themselves while others are wide open regarding their life experiences. I know there are some great personalities on here and many of them with some fascinating stories to tell. No one would find my life story very interesting, but I'm certain that porknbeaner has some really good stuff in his background. As long as the statute of limitations has expired maybe he will tell us some stories.:D;)

11. in the weeds

in the weeds
    from Kansas

haven't done anything significant for this hobby either and i know older friends that have made no great contributions to the hobby but are walking encylopedias. in thier youth thier wasnt google or elexa to say what is this part and what does it fit.or what was it used for?. When i was young me and all my friends could walkup to the old rotary phone and dial off any of dozens of phone numbers parts stores,friends,parents,grandparents, etc etc and now if i lost my cell phone i wouldn't know how to get a hold of my own wife, and don't laugh because 95 percent on here are in the same boat.

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

before too many replies show up be sure to put on some tall boots - good story tellers lace truth & fiction together

13. If you want some good stories, see if GERM will come back and share some of his life's experiences..

hrm2k, Baumi and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. loudbang

loudbang

15. He was back not long ago.

loudbang likes this.
  16. loudbang and scotty t like this.
  17. I honestly forgot about that post. Beaners posts were a bit cryptic.! A lot of the guys we want to hear about are too humble to talk about themselves I guess. I don’t blame them.

loudbang likes this.
  18. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

A Friend And Trainer Just Turned 88 And Came By In His Hot Rod For Cake And Stories (Herb Baker) DSCN3250.JPG

19. Not much to tell. I am in old enough to collect Social Security. I have been playing cars and motorcycles pretty much all my life. My dad was an automotive machinist and had his own place in Nor Cal. I spent a lot of time there.

I like to go fast and will do it with anything that I can lay my hands on.

loudbang, scotty t, Montana1 and 3 others like this.