Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SOLD the newer Buick wagon , now looking for a new project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jul 28, 2019.

1. My 66 GMC the heater fan is bad. Ive got one but it not worth the bother to install it. enough heat comes up to defrost the windshield. In cold weather as soon as you get where your going and stop it seems warm outside after riding with those Pneumonia holes leaking frigid air in the cab. going on it 6 th year. Probably use it to haul this winters wood and junk it next summer. Bruce you might try checking at a Parts Store to find your Heater Cables?

2. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

3. I've got one of those. Fits various sizes and uses a spray lube can with a tube.

Bruce Fischer and Old wolf like this.
  4. BJR

BJR

If it's a metal cable with plastic around it, just cut the plastic off of it and spray with a penetrant.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. Thanks for all the information guys.Got our 1st early snow fall here Tue.Covered the tractor. 003.JPG Bruce.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  6. Heres a shot from our mountain top home from the back yard.You can see the ski slope up in Gatlinburg in the winter. 005.JPG

harpo1313, DIYGUY, TFoch and 4 others like this.
  7. Glad I just got a new propane heater for the shop Sunday.LOL.You all have a GOOD weekend. Bruce. 004.JPG

8. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

Bruce how much snow do you usually get down there during the winter ? I'm thinking about moving down that way in the spring .

9. raven

raven

Man Bruce, I’m jealous of your views!
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Bruce Fischer and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. Rocky not much Last year we got nutting.If we get a couple inches people start running to the stores for milk and bread.LOL.Now the park about 45 minutes away does get some decent snow.Bruce.

11. Heres the good part, after this its all s turns and straight down. 004 (3).JPG

12. We have a nice little cabin away from all the hub bub of town up on top. 007 (5).JPG

13. Then I have my disconnected shop where I do all my bodywork and painting, no one bothers me about it. The wife really likes that part because our 1st house in town had the garage connected to the house and every time I painted a car well, you know the bitching began. LOL. Bruce. HPIM1966.JPG

Stogy, harpo1313, VANDENPLAS and 9 others like this.
  14. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

You have a nice setup , that's the same kind of place I'm looking for. One of these days I'll have to PM you and get some more info about TN if you don't mind .

15. raven

raven

I could live there!
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

16. sunbeam

sunbeam

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. Sure Rocky no problem.Bruce.

18. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  19. Up date on the Plymouth.I took it to a shop to see what the noise was coming from the rear area of the car.Both of us thought was a axle bearing. This car had the c clips holding the axles in so he had to open up the rear.He checked every thing out and it turned out to be just a BENT wheel. LOL.I had him put new seals in it and I am going to pick it up tonight. Now I just have to find a 14 inch Plymouth wheel. I don't think that going to be easy around here. You all have a good one! Bruce.

20. low down A

low down A

ford and mopar same bolt pattern, there are lots of 14 inch mag wheels out there,real cheap too.seems 15 inch more popular

Bruce Fischer and belair like this.
  21. sunbeam

sunbeam

Be aware that a Ford wheel center hole may not be large enough to clear the center of the axle.

Bruce Fischer and belair like this.
  22. Low Down Thanks.Bruce.

23. Bruce, I LOVE your cabin! It makes me think of sitting by the fireplace at Cracker Barrel having grits. I'm still looking for you a wagon.:) Enjoy the holidays. Ron.........

24. You too Ron.Keep thoses pictures coming , love them.Thanks Bruce.

chryslerfan55 and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  25. Up date, I stopped to 1 of the body shops I delivered to and asked about a wheel. H e had a 67 Dodge Cornet sitting there with a extra wheel. He gave it to me .I tried to pay him for it but since we deliver to him he refused and said we are all in the same business I will see if it fits today. Heavy rain here today, temps dropping this afternoon and the park may get some snow. You all take care.Bruce.

26. O.K. guys the wheel I got from the body shop fits the Plymouth, I just have to sand blast to get all the rust off. Now another problem. I replace the heater motor switch in the Plymouth but it still wont come on. Some one said it might be the resistor switch.I thought that was the little box on the back of the heater switch. If I hot wire the heater motor to the battery it works or I hot wire it to the fuse box to work when I turn the key on it works but I don't know why the switch doesn't work. Any Ideas? Thanks. Bruce.

27. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Hot wire to the switch, then try it? hot wire to exit side of switch to see if it gets fire the rest of the way to the motor? switch need to be grounded? test light to see where you are getting fire to.
    I hate wiring partly because I barely know what Im doing especially when it comes to relays and all that junk.
    I have heard that plymouths have a different grounding system, but of course I dont understand that either even if its true??

enloe and Bruce Fischer like this.
  28. upspirate

upspirate

Check that the fuse is good/making good contact?