Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ultimate Mallory Distributor ID Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldspwr, Sep 13, 2010.

1. bchctybob

bchctybob

JW; I have two 392 Hemis so I'm not sure I want to part with it at the moment. I assume you recognize the part number as a 392 Chrysler application?

2. john walker

john walker

Yes, well keep me in mind please. How about a picture to be sure. The length from the bottom of the collar to shaft end is approx 4.5" for a 392 and shorter for 331/354. I have a vertex mag at the moment, rather use a mallory if I can find one.

3. bchctybob

bchctybob

Yeah, I had Moriarty's post bookmarked on my laptop that died but not on our desktop. It didn't come up when I searched but the Oldspwr thread did (minus the info - of course). Thanks.

4. Can anyone post a link to the thread which shows all the pages? This is good information.

5. You know this would be a helpful tech thread if you didn't have your pictures on a protected site and you make a post and the pictures can't be seen so I don't understand why you even posted not very helpful to anyone if you can't see what your thread is about.

6. bchctybob

bchctybob

I think it's a case of an old post (2010) and server changes that cut access to the images. Kind of like the Photobucket debacle a few years back. I was hoping someone had saved the images and could re-post them. Not sure the OP is still on here. It would be great to get all the Mallory info in one place.

38 2 DR Sedan likes this.
  7. Max Gearhead likes this.
  8. bchctybob

bchctybob

Thanks Wraymen. I just read through those listings, it's just amazing all the applications they had over the years.

9. Uncle bills 50

Uncle bills 50

So I just picked up an old YL for my 50. I've been looking all over to find date info on it. I know via old magazines that the YL came out in the late 60's but thay had a black tag riveted on. The one I got has a red tag.
    What I'm trying to find out is what year did they change from the large black tag to a small red one? I'm building a period correct hot rod from between 65 ish to no later than 72.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020