Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Setting & rotting estate auction.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old wolf, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Correct. I would love to have a set

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Some nice stuff there. Looks pretty dry and solid. 61 Cad 2 dr, 57 Olds, etc.
    I always thought it would be fun to drop one of those Spartan Manor trailer's on an RV chassis.

Here's to hoping Old Wolf and other local car guys are a dollar up on the scrappers when it comes to the good stuff.

3. suchadrag

suchadrag

How was the auction?

4. fuzzface

fuzzface

How was the auction?

On my calendar Nov. 23 comes after Nov. 11. we have a few more days to wait.

Bill's Auto Works, Old wolf and Stogy like this.
  5. Still have a couple of weeks. Its about 140 miles from my place. and the road after we leave Hwy412 is crooked and steep. However Im getting ready to attend. In going to bring my torches - chainsaw - Generator and portable compressor . I also have some wheels with tires drilled for multiple wheel patterns. As much stuff as there is If I don't buy anything it will be a surprise. My eldest son is also going. We will likely load my wrecker on his trailer and use his 4 wheel drive to pull it up there.

6. It's a Desoto with a Ford panel truck rear stuck on it.....see.......

Old wolf and Stogy like this.
  7. Like wow....lot's of good stuff going cheap right there.....have shovel and chainsaw - will travel !

chryslerfan55 and Old wolf like this.
  8. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

maybe it's a 283 that is .030 over...:D

9. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

The '61 Coupe Deville, Fleetline Aerosedan and 55/56 GMC Suburban caught my eye. It's 96 miles from me. I will have to try to make it

Squablow likes this.
  10. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree that it’s Great that it’s going to be available for the public to reuse for parts or projects rather than the Easy Route of having a Scrapper come and take it all out by the Ton .If I was 1500 miles closer I’d check it out. Take pictures please.

Old wolf and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. Yes I will take pictures. I acutally have enough vehicles and parts. However I simply cannot resist the temptation.

12. zz29

zz29

Holy estate sale!!!!!

13. topher5150

topher5150

I want to get my hands on that Chevy 289, and the Ford DeSoto Custom, and the Dotson 510

14. Rooting for @Old wolf , drag back cool stuff!

Old wolf and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. that would be a 287. still a couple of cubes short.

X-cpe likes this.
  16. So far the weather that day is supposed to be our typical fall weather. no rain or bitter cold. However you cant really trust the weather Liars.

VANDENPLAS and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. Good luck.........

18. 78700000_834535086984719_6109316255271878656_n.jpg 78488414_1078954945829228_3771143021471465472_n.jpg 76908127_1377968902342311_3318373693750509568_n.jpg 67 T Bird 002.JPG power wagon 001.JPG power wagon 002.JPG power wagon 003.JPG 67 T Bird 002.JPG power wagon 001.JPG power wagon 002.JPG power wagon 003.JPG Well I back home. Been a long Day. Did not buy the 55 GMC carryall. It sold for $950. The 62 Chevy had the drivers door caved in 6 cyl powerglide brought $325. the 65 was a 283 glide brought $550. the 63 ford had a newer 351 W engine floor pans gone it brought $900. There was a 62 T bird no glass however had a M code in the Vin. That's a 406. I couldn't get the hood open. I bid up to$900 and it sold for $950. My eldest Son Bought the Dodge power Wagon that has the winch on front and a large tree growing thru the bumper. We managed to get it loaded on his trailer . Took until dark. Its now setting still on the Trailer out front of our place. I will unload it around back tomorrow. I did manage to buy a couple vehicle. There was a T bird that is a bit new for the HAMB. 1967. However It has a 428 engine. Black leather Bucket seats & console. Interior not really bad. It was muddy and the tires all flat and I will have to cut some saplings out of the way. so I think I will go back Monday. I decided I would bid up to a Thousand on it. And Just started it out at a Grand and bought it. The engine isn't stuck I wiggled it a bit by grabbing the Harmonic Balancer. And I bought that awful Looking Desoto with the Ford panell grafted on to it . Paid the exorbant sum of $50. Im gonnal remove the rear doors and maby some of the engine parts. I aint gonna drag the thing 150 home. No Hemi engines. The little 52 ford truck brought $1750 had a flathead 8 and dual exhaust. It looked as good or better than the pictures indicated.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    Okie Pete, Stogy, tractorguy and 6 others like this.
  19. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Outstanding. old Wolf.... the only car I was interested in was the T-bird, hoping it had a 428! Awesome buy! Wished I could have been there but had other obligations! Glad you got it!

Bones

biggeorge, chryslerfan55 and Old wolf like this.
  20. rusty valley

rusty valley

how much for the powerwagon? they are an item

21. My son paid $475 for the one he bought. there where several others he bid on that brought higher prices. Yes there are collectors for them and the military WWII Dodges. My son has a restored 1944 WC this one he bought has some parts he needed.

22. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Probably a good deal on that carryall but who knows how high it would have went???
    They must be pretty rare, a guy a while back was looking for one on here and the few I saw after looking around on the net for him was extremely pricey

biggeorge and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. Yes hard telling how high it would have went had I kept bidding. It was worse than the pictures showed. Quite a bit of cancer along the bottom of the Quarters. The place was overgrown and a ideal Habitat for those wood rats. They had packed the inside with their sticks and other nesting material and that made it rot out.

chryslerfan55 and low budget like this.
  24. The very first thing my Grandsons did when the went outside. Is make a BeeLine for the Dodge Power wagon their Uncle Ben bought. The crawled all over and inspected it and apparently it met their approval. Little Deano wants to drive it. I don't think Deano driving dodge 001.JPG Deano driving dodge 002.JPG Deano driving dodge 003.JPG Deano driving dodge 004.JPG the Hoard is going anywhere after im gone.

25. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

- sounds like you your son did good

26. Suchadrag, you are a genius! The idea of wheels drilled for multiple makes never entered my head. You have just made life better for me. Any wheel best to work with? Thanks

1 more car I promise, Rex Winter
    Dry n windy Lubbock TX

27. Ooops, sorry Old Wolf.

Old wolf and chryslerfan55 like this.
  28. Yes I have some steel slots that the chrome had peeled away. they have a thick flat flange where the bolt holes are.

29. Squablow

Squablow

Old Wolf, I suppose I can understand not bringing that Desoto/Ford thing home, but consider grabbing both tail light towers and the front and rear bumpers, assuming they aren't completely rotted away. Hack them all out with a saw if need be. Those have solid resale value. Also, if there's any side moldings left on it (hard to tell from pics) and the steering wheel would be worth it too, even if you had to just saw the end of the column off with a sawzall. Firesweep scripts off of the quarters if you can get them off.

ForwardLook Mopar people will buy all of that shit.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  30. Thanks for the info. I really don't know much about Chrysler corp cars. My only experience is with flathead six dodge trucks.I have 30 days to remove the car or get what I want off of it. Its in a difficult location. Surrounded by 6 inch diameter cedar trees. They stated I could cut any trees necessary for removal. I suppose it depends on the weather. Tomorrow I will get the rear doors and the hood. I collect hoods and place them against my fence to block the view. There is a rabid dodge guy in town. He is in his 70,s Raced rail dragster in the 1960,s knows Ivo , Garlits and all those guys. However he is still playing with his sizeable hoard. Has a one ton wrecker. I was thinking of giving it to him. and offering to go help him fetch it.