Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Looking for my Dad's '56 Chevy Bel Air custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PacaRacer50, Nov 11, 2019.

1. PacaRacer50

PacaRacer50

Guys,
    These photos are from March of 1959 in Oklahoma at one of the gas stations my dad owned. He traded this sweet 56 Chevy BelAir off to a friend a few weeks after these photos were taken. Dad bought this new in Oklahoma City and had a man he knew remove some of the trim, punch the lovers, modify the grille and paint it with the scallops on it. Dad did drag race it some but mostly cruised it around.
    We tried back in the late 70's to find it without any luck. Never did find the guy dad traded it to and its been so long ago I do not remember his name. I do know that after it was traded, the skirts and toilet seat came off the back end, a higher performance 283 then 327 went in and the cast iron PowerGlide came out and a 4-speed went in. It was drag raced for 6-8 years around Oklahoma City then vanished.
    Anyone remember seeing this car?

Attached Files:

2. Cool car, good luck!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Very cool 56. I have been in that area for a long time, although not quite that far back. I am good friends with a family that has been involved in the Classic Chevy club since the mid 80's in the OKC area. I'll pass the pics on to them and see if they have ever come across it.

4. PacaRacer50

PacaRacer50

Thank you for doing this. I really want to know if it survived.

5. Happy to help. I would love for you to find it especially if it still looked the same. I have heard back from the family I know and they haven’t ever come across it nor has our resident kustom guy Mick (straykatkustoms) who also resides here in Oklahoma. Will keep asking around.