Register now to get rid of these ads!

buildn' a 40 ford pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ntxcustoms, May 31, 2010.

1. mj40's

mj40's

Ok what's going on with the truck. Mine is a couple weeks away from driving the hell out of it.

2. mj40's

mj40's

Inspiration-
    [​IMG]

36couper likes this.
  3. MJ, your truck turned out beautiful!

4. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

ntx customs, Did you notice all of your 2012 pictures are gone? I sure would like to see what happened with this build. You were doing such great job of showing us how too's ....

5. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

Aghgh! Don't know what happened to the pics, don't think it really matters now as I have yanked out the buggy springs and bit the mustang 2 bug. I drove my trad Model A hard for awhile but wound up selling it as it felt like I was riding a hardtail bike when flying down the highway. I want a little more comfort. I have a 283 fully built with a 200r4. Back axle has been swapped to a 8.8 with 3.55 gears and is still leaf sprung ala Mj40s. Front is JW Rod Garage. All the metal work is done, except a few items on the cab. The front clip and running boards are body worked. I'm getting there!

6. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Thanks for the update NTX. Good luck on the build!

7. Obviously a waste of time to say this now, but that is not the fault of "buggy spring suspension" per se. Invariably it's the fault of how it is set up.

Having said that, I hope the magic mustang gives you what you want.

8. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

X38, I own a rod shop and have built many a car. I have driven buggy spring setups hard and have no problem with them, it's just that for this truck, I want it smooth. Thanks!

WanatahHustler likes this.
  9. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, I wish your pictures were still available.