Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone have a business where you use a hamb friendly truck or van daily

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 3, 2019.

1. I had a wallpaper business on the side about 20 years ago and I had a 65 Dodge A-100 window van, it had a small V8 and a automatic transmission, wish I still had it.

With Brenda's flower shop she has mentioned that she would like to find a old Ford or Dodge van, the shop's off topic van does what it should but Brenda remembers driving her grandmothers old station wagon, Ford & VW vans.

If you use one share your photo's. HRP

2. A-100's are KEWL !

A Hemi and a 727 and yer set LOL

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. I stuck a rod through the side of the 273 block so I found a 34o out of a Duster and added a aluminum intake, a Holley 4 barrel and a set of headers along with a dual point distributor, the little short wheel base van would smoke the rear tires in a heart beat, the van was dangerous in the rain. HRP

4. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I am self employed but don't have an old vehicle I use. There is an upholster in my neck of the woods that does on site work out of a cabover 46-8 Chevy

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.

5. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I will get back to you when I get a shop truck. Just o/t at the moment.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. Ahem, cough *panel truck* cough.

To be honest, I was looking for a A100 no window van first. I couldn't find one that wasn't rusted out and turned to Panel Trucks......I'm glad I did, panels look better.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Not really in my business, but there is a guy who runs out of Columbus MS that has a 1958 Kenworth truck that he uses every day hauling coils. Company I'm leased to has a 10 year age limit on equipment, so I can't run anything that old, but that old 58 KW looks as good or better than a lot of newer trucks, mine included. It makes me smile every time I see it going down the road, 62 years old and going strong....

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

I have dreams, currently disabled old carpenter, I plan to use my 49 dodge as a handy man service.
    I also have a utility trailer same year as my dodge truck I plan to build a canopy on to haul my tools with as a handyman. chop saw, table saw, air compressor etc...
    So it is not reality yet, but I do plan on having a hamb friendly truck for a side business.
    Is much work getting it safe and road worthy while clean and paint at same time.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Mine , not in service daily but when i can. DSCF7291.JPG

HOTRODPRIMER and Los_Control like this.
  10. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I did with my 48 pickup . Death Row Speed , Hot Rods and Harleys . “We fix anything from a pregnant whore to a basketball game ! “ 48 is long gone , and CHF has slowed my business ventures to stall .

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.