Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB FAMOUS??who's had a mag spread??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by breeder, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

My 52 Chevy convertible has been in a couple of mags.

B:cool:B

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

jim ..not to rob my own thread here but 2 things..first is thanks for all your doin for the mag..it has changed a bunch even in the last year..gettin better every time too...much praise to you and the gang...and second..why is the subber mag covers different then the store bought mag??or did i not get what yer sayin??again...thanks much for helping changin the shape of the mag>>>>>>>breeder:)

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I was in Luke Karosi's mag...HOTRODSILLUSTRATED...the last one:)

4. cruzr

cruzr

MY 23 Track Roadster was featured in Street Rodder June 98

5. A model A that I built was pictured in 99, then featured in R & C May 2000. Not my car, but my name was mentioned several times!:rolleyes: It was pretty cool.

6. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

my jeep was featured in petersens 4wheel&offroad dec 2000,was shown in a buch of other issues& video. ultimate adventure 2005.

8. My 28 A pickup was in Street Scene a long long time ago and both my 58 Chevy Apache pickup and 62 Belair bubbletop were in Cruisin mag from Japan some years back.
    Max

9. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

none yet but hopefully the 57 will make some waves :D !

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      68 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      75.6 KB
      Views:
  10. borndead327

borndead327

i just got shot for ck deluxe sunday does that count?

11. Rivet

Rivet

Ive been in a few motorcycle publications.

The latest two being Hot Rod's Bike Works, June 2006.
    I was in the cover article on S&S's Pro training school. I make a few appearances in that article and in the contents page.
    And, in Tucker Rocky's (second biggest distributor of motorcycle parts for dealers in the country) catalogue riding my home built Honda RC replica 60's race bike at Pocono Raceway.

No car related ones yet though.

12. I saw NADS in Continental Restyling a LONG time ago...

The Swindlers' digger is in either the current issue of CKD or Rod and Kulture, I can't remember which...

13. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

Had my 37 coupe on the cover and a small feature in 96 American Rodder swimsuit issue---also was the Jan. car for the 96 American Rodder calender.
    I've used my car on ouite a few commercials--a Bell Atlantic one with Dean Jeffries 34 sedan---an Orvil Reddenbacker commercial--B of A commercial
    plus is a feature car on the Nationwide picture car website www.nationwidepicturecar.com.
    Also did a movie---Lost Highway--a David Lnych weirdo movie---but cut the whole scene--sat in the rain all day for that one too!

Attached Files:

14. drove my 56 olds in the old TV show Crime Story, when it was shot in Vegas. Car got paid more than I did...ha. Lotta hurry up and wait, but the catering van had good food, and the gal working it kept passing me T-bones out the back so I ate steak for a month after.

15. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

Had a write-up on my email list for Triumph choppers in The Horse a few years ago. Had pics from several guys on the list, mine included. Mine was the only ugly one.

16. AllSteel34

AllSteel34

Not a spread, but my '40 was on the cover of Autoweek back in '95.

Chris

autoweek.jpg

17. My truck was in a Pizza Hut print ad and several movies. I've been in several movies as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Does being asked to write a how-to by the editor of a trade rag count? If so, count me in. Sign Builder's Illustrator was trying to wrangle the custom auto paint market five or six years ago and the editor asked me to write a how-to flame piece for beginers covering urethanes. So I did one on a mailbox using pearls and flake. I even got PAID for that one. That piece was three pages and had like 15 photos too. I also had a couple really small pieces in Auto Graphics Magazine befroe that magazine went under. One of those article was about the pinstriping I saw and DID in India. Now there's a story.

Vance

19. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

some guy named lil joe or lil john just mailed me and sayed that your full of shit!!!!:D just kiddin vance....we had a good time at my bar 2 weeks ago and johns a damn good striper!!!!thankfully not a STRIPPER!!!:D that frazer truck thingy is crazy!!!!!

20. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Attached Files:

21. fatabone

fatabone

My 31 coupe in Traditional Rod and Kulture #5. Thanks Spike!

Attached Files:

22. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

hey! how about translating the whole thing? :confused:

23. KoppaK

KoppaK

Mine was in Custom Car and pops up from time to time in other mags, was a pic of it in Rolls and Pleats last year, oh and a pic in Finlands V8 mag after the Custom show last year.

[​IMG]

24. Alfster

Alfster

Had the modified featured in the Australian Street Machine Hot Rod Annual last year.

Spent a day in a photo studio. They did a side piece in the article that told about the HAMB

Also had a cover shot on the nz hot rod mag as well as pictures in all the local mags from various events we have attended.

Attached Files:

25. 53burb

53burb

My car has been in the driveway and in the garage the past 5 years....does that count?
    KNUX!

26. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of my completes was published in Car Collector once. I also wrote the story. It's a '93 anniversary issue with a spread on a 1934 Packard Station Wagon, body by Bridgeport.

27. rad red

rad red
    from MN

I've had a 56 VW I painted (AKA the Pink Panzer) get on the cover of VW Trends with a 4-page spread inside.

-red

Attached Files:

28. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I was just talking with one of out new interns at work about this, when he saw a pic of my car at my desk!
    My 55 Olds has been around for over 20 years.
    Had pics in Street Rodder, Rod and Custom, Custom Rodder, Car and Driver, Street Machine (UK), Trendsetter, Leadsled Gazette, Kustoms Illustrated, Roll and Pleats, Eastern Rod News (full coverage), Diehards,
    Probably others I haven't seen.
    Been a while since I had a full on showbiz car, though!

29. Luke S.

Luke S.
    from Ocala, Fl.

I had a stock car that I drove, in Stock Car Racing Mag. about 14 years ago. The Randy Dupree - Land Speed Racer that I currently drive, has shown up in a few mags. I've had many of the cars I've lettered, and striped show up in various mags. Most notably the recent ones I've done for Garlits. Probably the koolest, has been the photo, and mention of me, lettering the HOT ROD Mag. Land Speed Racer Camaro, a year or so ago. Does that clasify me as a famous anus?

30. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

March '94 Street Rodder in the 4-Pack and a bunch of event coverage most recently. Over the past 40 years I've had a ton of ink and plenty of covers with stuff I built for other folks. Wayno