Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Yes I do like the 64's even though I've never owned one. Maybe some day. My neighbor across the street had a few back in the late 70's early 80's. He was a GTO nut.
    I'm staying tuned for sure.

Ron Funkhouser and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  2. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

3. Hamb friendly? How is that a hot rod or custom??

Bowtie Coupe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Looks like a storage shed to me. Maybe with a butt load of $100 dollar bills it could be a hot rod bread truck? NOT!!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. MO54Frank

MO54Frank

I saw this 55.2 Chevy yesterday in a small town about 30 miles from home. Apparently been sitting a longtime. I could not find the owner. Still looks straight and solid. Too bad. Those Task Force trucks are really cool.
    IMG_1065.JPG IMG_1067.JPG IMG_1069.JPG

6. It could make for a cool enclosed Hot Rod or dragster haulder.

7. Sporty45

Sporty45

I'll vote stay :cool:

8. It looks pre 65 so it should be ok.

9. Latigo

Latigo

Stay. Just put a deuce grill on it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  10. I don't care, just don't know why anyone would even want that.

11. Oh good back to F@@king face book!! At least it was a picture on a picture thread. :mad: JW

12. Is this ok? It's sitting and rotting. The old gas pump that is, not the Rod.lol:rolleyes: and no I didn't ask about it.. 20190415_132627.jpeg 20190415_132754.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. Mike Moreau

Mike Moreau

I say "stay". This is the "sitting and rotting" thread, not the hot rod or customs thread.

14. spanners

spanners

Looks like the "if it's not a '32 Ford, it's not worth looking at" thread.

chryslerfan55, Lil32, das858 and 4 others like this.
  15. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Don't worry about it. Just because some guys can't see anything cool about it, doesn't mean nobody can. Some guys have a pretty narrow field of vision.

16. I have about 200 photos of cars and trucks sitting and rotting from my 9 week U.S. tour this year, alot of you guys are not worth my effort to post them, too many lame comments and shit that belongs on face book.... you are killing the HAMB. JW

17. Don't keep it inside, tell us how you REALLY feel...:)

18. The vehicle in Tennesseecouchpotato's post looks to me like one of the old '50s vintage International Metro vans, so the age of the vehicle makes it HAMB friendly. A lot of them were used as bread trucks, and they made them in a couple of different lengths and wheelbases. I don't remember what company made the bodies, but they all were built on International chassis and running gear and all had the Haybaler embelms on the front above the grille. I've seen campers made from them. Definitely keep it on the HAMB.

19. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

That truck has been turned over or had something done to the top.

20. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

Here's a couple today near Chickaloon Alaska. 20191026_091609.jpg 20191026_091711.jpg 20191026_091622.jpg 20191026_091637.jpg 20191026_091726.jpg 20191026_091741.jpg

21. What the hell is going on with posting on the HAMB??? Does nobody know what this site is all about??? Does nobody read the introduction to find out what it's all about??? Go to the red banner at the top of the page and click on "The H.A.M.B." Scroll down to "GENERAL DISCUSSION." Right under that heading is "The Hokey Ass Message Board." Under that it says, "Spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums world wide." The site is about traditional hot rods and customs! Whatever that box is that was posted doesn't fall into that category. Yawl are sounding like the asshat with a 2019 Jaguar 4dr sedan who shows up at the local traditional hot rod gathering!!

22. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

2019-08-30_221547.jpg I told myself I wanted to go to the Street Rod Nationals before I turned 50. A good little jaunt to drive. But since they opened it up to 82, I lost interest. I am more of a Custom fan myself. No matter how cool muscle cars are, not interested in seeing them. They are freaking everywhere. Here`s an update on my car I purchased after seeing it on this sitting and rotting thread 2 years ago and getting it a year ago. Still sitting and rotting in a different place.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  23. What's the story on that Mopar body? Cut down coupe? I don't remember seeing it before....

24. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

My build thread is Soldiers Joy, A pre 40`s custom. Look in my thread starters.

chryslerfan55 and RMR&C like this.
  25. joemac05

joemac05

Jesus man, take a pill...

DenverFlash, ferus88, Cooon and 5 others like this.
  26. I haven't laughed so hard for weeks! Very entertaining.

1 more car I promise, Rex Winter
    Dry n windy Lubbock TX

Spooky and chryslerfan55 like this.
  27. MO54Frank

MO54Frank

I don’t think it’s rolled: it’s too straight. But I didn’t open the doors or move the tarp so maybe the roof has been modified. I am going to visit this truck again. Thanks.

low budget likes this.
  28. I did take a pill; a smart pill that enables me to know when something doesn't fit the parameters of a particular thread. Obviously, others didn't take that same pill.:)

Torkwrench, 56don and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. I voluntarily took down the post of the old dilapidated box van that started the rancor concerning what is and is not appropriate regarding HAMB guidelines. Apologies to anyone who got upset by my unintended faux pas.

I questioned whether or not it was HAMB friendly in the initial post, chiefly because I was unsure of the exact year and whether or not it was pre-1965. After all of the fussing began, I took someone's advice and went back and read the rules as regards what is proper for this forum. It does say traditional hot rods and customs only. That box van most certainly does not fit within those guidelines, so it was a slam-dunk to delete the post.

With that being said, I wonder what some of the posters who so vociferously objected to the post in question think about the long-lived thread "Vintage Shots From Days Gone By". Many of the vehicles in that very popular thread do not fit within the constraints of traditional hot rods and customs. Seems like the moderators/admins must not have a problem with what is being posted there, as long as it is pre-1965.

I guess I viewed the Sitting and Rotting thread as being in a similar vein as VSFDGB. My mistake. I'll make sure my posts fit within the specified parameters in the future.

30. Chicster

Chicster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Missouri H.A.M.B.ers

I'm not a smart man, but don't let it bother you.

Spooky, Lil32 and BJR like this.