Register now to get rid of these ads!

Long Beach 50's car club info needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mass Butcher, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Darrin Kennedy

Darrin Kennedy
    from orange

My dad was the president of the Cut Outs for about 6 years. Does anyone have pics they can send me????

2. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Did anything ever come from this thread? Any Cut Out photos posted somewhere else on the net?

I recently talked to Gary Simpson after I saw a picture of his 58 Buick in a new book called "Kustomland". When he learned where I live, he asked if I knew Larry Messick, who was also a member of the Cut Outs. Larry is a friend and former member of our club who now lives in the Prescott, AZ area.

Bill

(267)

3. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Attached Files:

4. Hi Dirk, I recently learned my Dad was a member of the Cut Outs. His name was Don Whitener and he passed in 1983 when I was 10. I recently started working on my Geneology and I’m anxious to find anything I can on the Cut Outs.. I really appreciate it!! I’m also in South OC but don’t know where to start my search or really even know how to use this site! Lol!
    Thanks again
    Tanya W

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Hi Dick!
    My Dad Don Whitener was a member of the Cut-Outs back in the early 50s. He passed away in 1983 when I was 10. I recently learned of his passion for cars and that he was a member of Cut-Outs. I’m trying to find any info or memorabilia possible. I’m the youngest of 5 but my siblings don’t have any info. I’m not even sure how to use this site so I’d like to leave my cell just in case 949-677-4815. This would be a dream come true for me!!! I won’t stop praying that somehow some info or pictures of my Daddy come up. Thank You so much for your time..

Tanya Whitener Weems

302GMC and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

7. Hey Tanya, neither of those guys (Dirk or Dick) have been logged back on here in a number of years. Sorry. If you go to their profile pages (by clicking on their avatar pictures) you can see when they were last logged on. Good luck with your continued search..............Don.

8. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Hi Tanya,

I have a friend who belonged to the Cut Outs in Long Beach. His name is Larry Messick and he also belonged to a car club I was in here in Lake Havasu City, AZ. I contacted him to ask if he knew your dad but he said he joined around 1957 after he was in the T-Timers in Bellflower and he did not know your dad. I grew up in Redondo Beach and if I remember correctly, there were a lot of great looking custom cars in the Cut Outs.

Good luck in your search for info.

Bill

9. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

At one time I was contacted by Jerry Feigner who was living in Gardnerville, NV at the time. He said he also belonged to the Cut Outs. I tried to contact him but the number I have is no longer in service. Anyone in that area know Jerry?

10. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

That site is no longer active. Do you know if it's been moved?

11. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I was viewing another thread about the Huns when I spotted this photo posted there. It's from the Mobil Economy Run and the car is a Buick driven by Garry "Jughead" Simpson whose dad owned a Buick dealership. Garry attended Redondo Union HS but I'm not sure why unless his parents lived in Palos Verdes. There was no high school there at that time and students were bussed to Redondo.

IMG_8647.PNG

lurker mick likes this.