Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Has the Australian DMV lightened up on the fender laws?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 25, 2019.

1. I occasionally see coverage of event's in Australia and have recently noticed a hiboy , or two at the event that do not have fenders, not even the flat add on fenders we are so use to seeing.

Has the laws gotten lax or are some rodder's just pushing their luck? HRP

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  2. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Pushing their luck. True Hotrodding rule no. 1

3. Does New Zealand have a fender law? HRP

4. hudson48

hudson48

No change to my knowledge. At some closed shows rodders will take the fenders off to show the car and then "maybe" put them back on for the ride home. Hiboys do look better without fenders but I like the fenders on my channeled 32 as they fit the "East Coast 50/60's" theme.
    There has been some talk of a dry weather rule and I think maybe NZ does have that.

Lil32 likes this.

5. damn I thought you were loading up the beater.......

6. morac41

morac41

There is no change to the fender law if anything they will make it harder for cycle guards in the future....My avatar car <<< never had front guards and I never had a problem driving but I suppose I am a grey-haired old coote and the police just would smile and keep driving..had great rooster tails in the wet !!!

3banjos likes this.
  7. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In NZ you just need to belong to a club for 2 years , pay your $25 per year for your fender exemption and attend 2 NZHRA sanctioned events per year .
    This only applies to 34 and earlier hot rods. Later cars must run fenders.