Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Borg Warner R10B-1R Overdrive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lightnin' Riding Lexie, Oct 24, 2019.

1. So I have this BW R10B-1R Overdrive which is part of a kit built in the 60s or 70s to go into a Model A Ford driveline. Its in the Torque Tube already and is in dandy shape. But as with often happens with good old parts... something is missing. The Short shaft which couples onto the splined output shaft and ends in a Ford tapered shaft for the Pinion Gear is long gone. I need help fabricating one.

The simple solution is to just fine a transmission slip yoke to go over the splined output shaft and weld a stub end of Ford tapered shat on with the utmost care for alignment.
    Sadly I cannot find ANY yoke which will fit these splines.

This model of BW Overdrive was probably made for a Studebaker or other orphaned brand. who can suggest a work around or machinist for help?

Attached Files:

2. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Looks like 16 splines not sure on the diameter but being borg warner good chance its same splines as the yokes on Chevy T-10 which should be quite easy to find. If you do need a Studebaker specific yoke to modify Studebaker International has them.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  3. Yeah about that... Three drive line shops and a major Semi parts dealer are all stumped. I came here after doing due diligent checking. Thanks tho-

4. I *might* match this up with a T86 transmission yoke--possibly. All I gotta do is find one. I respect Studebacker quite a bit having grown up in Indiana. But I have never gone down the rabbit hole of finding Studebaker parts. Your lead might be the answer. Thanks-- this was useful information. Lexie-