Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I don't get it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 34Larry

34Larry

So in the "Cars for sale" app, there is a '40 Hemi coupe that has been there for almost a year now. Pics show a pretty decent 40, (the color sucks, but that's just my opinion). I don't think I'd give 52k either w/o seeing and giving it a through going over. So " turd shiner", says this, " Too much to list, serious offers only."
    I took an interest in it to a degree, but disregarded the urge to talk with him directly because I'm one who would like a little more info up front Before making a call to him. Maybe I'm wrong, but its being there damned near a year now, might indicate that what one would get for 52K might just need to given. Also the scam alert at the top of the page gives me pause what with it still here after a year.
    So TP if you read this, give me and the world a little incentive and at least give the size of the Hemi.
    34Larry.

chryslerfan55 and HunterYJ like this.
  2. missysdad1

missysdad1

The guy may not know anything about his car. You'd be surprised how ignorant some owners are. They may have bought the car or had it built without much input except from their checkbook. Try this: at the next car show you go to pick out a few high-dollar cars and ask the owner to tell you about it. You'll be floored!

Another possibility that's altogether too common these days is that the car is being marketed by a person who inherited the car and has no clue about it.

So, pick up the phone and ask your questions instead of just wondering. You might be missing out on a really good deal!

3. Send the owner a PM and ask your questions or call him, looking at his profile he seems to sell a lot more than he participates on the main board. HRP

deadbeat, LOU WELLS, Rickybop and 2 others like this.
  4. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

If I was interested in a car I’d contact the guy directly instead of whining about his ad on a public forum :rolleyes:

@turd shiner Mr Larry wants to talk to you about your crappy ad for a ‘40 Ford in a color he finds ugly

54vicky, Randall, 40FORDPU and 35 others like this.

5. silent rick

silent rick

maybe we should all call him to ask what size hemi.

after 200-300 calls, maybe he'll edit his ad.

there might be too much to list but that shouldn't stop a guy from listing the basics.

motor, trans and rearend. for example 330 firedome with wilcap adapter to 39 trans and stock banjo or 330 desoto 700r4 and ford 8 inch

and if so inclined, list the type of front suspension and brakes, but at least motor trans and rear

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  6. 66gmc

66gmc

In the time it took you to make this post you could have picked up the phone and called. Call me old fashioned, but when I am interested In something for sale I phone the seller, then get off my ass and actually look at the advertised item in person, THEN negotiate a price...its a suprizingly effective method for buying stuff.

Thor1, Randall, Baumi and 18 others like this.
  7. chopped

chopped

Bet if he calls he gets an answering machine.

uncle buck and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Or...just thinking outside the box...have a third party that's close (say within 15 miles of Goodrich, MI...hmm. I might know someone) go have a look see.

Automotive Stud likes this.
  9. The seller may be of the mind set that the price will separate the tire kickers from the buyers, as far as the time it has been listed many cars have been listed for a year or longer, everything doesn't sell fast. HRP

10. Dang
    Is this complain about other people’s cars week?

Randall, deadbeat, LOU WELLS and 8 others like this.
  11. His phone number is there. 100% ad rating. Sold items still up. Paint and body guy by trade. Car comes with build pics, receipts, and book. Chrome window garnishes. Chrome fender welting. Air. '41 Studebaker tail lights. Firewall can be eaten off of. Car together for 20 years. Driven for 600 miles each of said years.

What else do you need to call the guy ? His inseam measurements ? WTH ?

54vicky, Randall, uncle buck and 8 others like this.
  12. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

My grandpa put his RV on up for sale with no price on it. He was frustrated when people called to ask how much.

LOU WELLS, Irish Mike and nochop like this.
  13. so you don't like the color.?.. if your serious pick up the phone or pm the guy.. geez..
    so what if it's been on here a year.. my 51 Ford Woodie was listed on here along time
    before I worked a deal on it.. quit complaining...

54vicky, Randall, uncle buck and 7 others like this.
  14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

ad shows a beautiful ride - price likely reflects some sentimental value - but, money talks - so, talking is the answer - call him from a telephone booth (Ha!) if you are worried about a scam

15. cederholm

cederholm

Who doesn't like gold?

16. OP sure doesn't.. maybe silver is more his speed ! LOL:D

17. That is a nice car
    Probably cost you more than $52,000 to build it too. But if you don’t like that color you can’t be at $52,000.

54vicky and kidcampbell71 like this.
  18. I love everything about the car. But I don't have 50 grand to spend on another car. If I did, I would call. Talking is a lot more serious than messages.
    Looks like it needs nothing but gas.

19. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

"too much to list" usually means too lazy to type. When I sell cars, I list everything I can think of. That way I am not answering the same questions over and over when people call.

20. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Not on a car , looks cheap , chintzy , phoney , IMO

21. sunbeam

sunbeam

It looks like a low deck Desoto

Automotive Stud likes this.
  22. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't take a side in this discussion, but that car is bitchn as a mofo.

-Abone.

23. hudson48

hudson48

Now you have hurt my feelings!!
    Roadster 3 (Medium).jpg

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Someone has $52,000. and a phone, hope he gets back to us after he gets it home. Bob

25. I’ve seen this car and it’s bitchin...not a fan of the AC components, but I’ve never had AC in a old car before...it’s an older gentleman that owns it..I’ve seen a lot of older folks just not want to deal with new fangled car selling ways.

deadbeat and kidcampbell71 like this.
  26. Don’t give a flying fuck how he sells it.... it’s a bitching car though

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

54vicky, deadbeat, LOU WELLS and 2 others like this.
  27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks damned nice to me. I like the hell out of the gold too as that is the same gold I thought I was getting in 1973 when I painted my 48. Why bitch about the price in less you are standing face to face with him funds available immediately.

Sent from my VS988 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. That is one sharp 40

kidcampbell71 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.