Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Model A with a f1 box pitman arm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Phil P, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been researching this for a couple of weeks and I find the results are all over the place. I know this should be easy this has been done hundreds of times. I've got my steering box installed and the front suspension is mocked up. I need a 5" center to center arm. The spline count on the shaft is 36 (or 32+4 as some specs say) the diameter starts at 1.06" and increases to 1.11 outside of splines. So what pitman arm do I ask for when ordering. I haven't chosen a draglink so I would take a tapered hole or a ball on the other end.

Thanks Phil

2. I have one that measures 5-1/4 center to center. The Ford casting number is 48-3590.Its off a car.I think late 40"s.It fits the F1 box.It has a tapered end.

3. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

4. I think I would call Randy Gross and ask him. He is the one that does this conversion for the fordbarn guys, [email protected]
    714-292-8660

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019

5. Phil P

Phil P
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_0931.JPG Thanks @irishsteve, I found a 48-3590 online and it looks like it will do the job.

Phil

irishsteve likes this.