Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greetings from Finland

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by sibe, Oct 3, 2019.

1. sibe

sibe

Hi
    I'm new here, i have been doing for over 30 years classic/custom/hotrod cars.
    Now i rebuild old 216 cid engine and need litlle help for that.

mad mikey and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  2. Welcome! Try and find a later 235 to build. I put together a '62 block a few years ago - ported head and a corvette cam. Fun build.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  3. Welcome Sibe, enjoy your HAMB time. I've found that I always get an answer, and lots of help from the guys, and gals on here. Post some pictures of your cars. I really like old Chevys. Ron....

mad mikey likes this.
  4. Welcome to the HAMB. Enjoy.:)

Ron Funkhouser likes this.

5. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Nice ride. If you do rebuild the 216 you can find many needed parts as well as body, chassis, running gear & interior parts from both of the following sources - www.chevsofthe40s.com or www.fillingstation.com
    I bought a lot from both getting my 46 Chevy sport coupe going. Both of the above also have great paper catalogs. My avitar photo here shows the 235 we built up after the old 216 engine went bad. The 235 is bored 0.060 with a hot cam Dual intake and headers are from Clifford and intake has two big 2 barrel Weber carbs. Everything inside the engine was put back new except the crank and it was turned. This set up works great with 355 ring & pinion gears in the rear with original tranny.
    later I got talked into going to a T350 tranny with a 57 pickup rear end. The T350 was the biggest mistake I ever did.
    Last year I got rear ended doing a test drive after some work - I was going 50 and other drive hit me going 75+ and now the car sits idle in my garage. Plans are to begin work early next year on it if funds hold out.
    Right now I am working on a 50 Plymouth Deluxe and awaiting new instrument gauges to come in and begin using it as a driver again.
    Good luck with the engine. Jimmie

6. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome from Colorado.

7. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland