Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1950 f1 wipers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by walt j, Oct 1, 2019.

1. walt j

walt j

Have 1950 f1 most of wiper parts missing so can't use speedway's electric motor swap, what has anyone else used or idea's for electric. Live in FL rain any time so don't want vacuum operated. Thanks Walt

2. Were it me I'd go here and key in WWK-21. Then check out there wiper blade assortment.
    [​IMG]That's Specialty Power Windows.

3. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I have tried a few of the electric conversions and they are junk .

I run my truck year round and the electric conversion always failed when it is snowing hard or in sleet...basically any load on the electric motor. FB_IMG_1555251276762.jpg

I had my vacuum motor rebuilt and it really is the most reliable option... 165,000 miles in the last 11 years and zero wiper issues!!!!!

Packrat and F-ONE like this.
  4. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

I had a 52 F1 that had factory electric wipers. It used a Bosch motor assembly and was a rare option on F1, F2, and F3 trucks, but pretty common on F6, F7, and F8 trucks, and interchanges with the vacuum motor in the smaller trucks. The motors are pretty simple and can be rewound if needed. You can run them on 12 volts with a solid state voltage reducer, and with a rheostat switch you can run them at any speed needed.

Packrat likes this.

5. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

I have installed the kit from Newport Engineering in a couple of those cabs and they work great. I highly recommend them.

6. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

^Newport is who I'm going with in my '46. Everything I've heard about their units has been positive.

7. Another vote for Newport..used in '40 Fords but I'm sure the quality is the same for your application.

8. Add a vacuum can/pod to store the vacuum like they did for the hidden headlights...and for when you need it.......

Packrat likes this.
  9. Newport in mine