Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Just wondering about rules

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34ChevyMaster, Sep 25, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. error404

error404
    from CA

hopefully he did that because he wanted to himself. not because of what people here think.

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

well you got one thing right, we are stuck in the past. Hotrodders back in the day did not have MII

warbird1 and Hombre like this.
  3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

It’s literally the entire point lol

4. Hombre

Hombre

Your first quote is a load of crap, breaking some rules will get your butt thrown in jail, stretching boundaries depending on the amount of stretch and what boundary just may get you shot.

As to breaking rules you are free to break them HERE any time you feel the need, just don't expect for it to stay broke longer than it takes a moderator to see it.

I have never and will never understand this type of conversation about the HAMB. The HAMB is the HAMB. It is common knowledge by "MOST" of the members here what is and what is not allowed. I do not know how many members the HAMB has now, somewhere North of a 100,000 and maybe way North of that figure. There are now at 1:57 on a Wednesday afternoon over 3,000 on line as I type this. Some of us like the rules and see no need to break, stretch or try and modify them, they are good as they are. It has been stated many times and over and over that maybe the HAMB is not for you if you are into trying to change this place. Want to see and learn about non traditional suspensions and engines there are a couple of dozen places to go and do that. That certainly is "NOT" the reason I come here. I have seen all of the pony cars they I ever care to see. This is a Hot Rod site if you have an understanding of the word HOT ROD then you will know why MII suspensions LS engines and that other crap is not here and does not belong HERE.

It has been mentioned that maybe if back in the day Hot Rodder's had MII suspensions they would have used them, same goes for EFI, on board Computers and a ton of other modern stuff. Well guess what kiddies, Hot Rodder's of the 40's,50's and 60's didn't have that stuff. Would they have used it? We will never know, what we do know is that they didn't use it.

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

some of you people still don't get it. This place is about history. It is not about using modern parts and ideas on old cars even if "they would have used em back then if they had em" It is about what the hot rodding pioneers did and how they did it. It is a celebration of the past. True grass roots hot rodding at its best. there are many forums that focus on modern street rods . It never ceases to amaze me how people come to a traditional hot rod and custom forum to ask about off topic modern stuff and then don't understand what went wrong........

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

40LUV, warbird1, Hombre and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.