Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member..looking for info 36 IH C-1

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by O2_Kool, Sep 14, 2019.

1. O2_Kool

O2_Kool

Hi all...not so frequent lurker, but love the site P1140222.JPG . I've been building customs and rods for 30+ years but just took on a 36 International C-1 for a customer who wants it back to original. Just got the engine running and it sounds great. Question... who is a good source or forum for finding out what's original or not for these trucks. A lot of the old sites no longer work that I have found. For example the motor mounts have been updated with home made and have rubber flat mounts like aftermarket. Y and Z wiring only lists 37 D model. I'm awaiting a call back from them. The rest of the the build will be pretty straight forward as it is a fairly straight rig with exception of the fenders (parked by feel)
    Thank you,
    Brian

2. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check out binderplanet.com its a good place to start for the information that your going to need.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. O2_Kool

O2_Kool

Thanks for the link but its giving me a 404 error also. site not found. maybe its just down

tractorguy likes this.
  4. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There used to be a magizne call Red Power that covered all things IHC . From tractors , appliances and trucks .
    Also check out ATHS the ( American Truck Historical Society) magizne Wheels through time.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019

5. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

There also “ antique tractors “ or “ old tractors” site that has a place for all old trucks. Haven’t been on it for a while.

Edit: found it ! It’s “ yesterday’s tractors” , Bones

Bones

6. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Looks like Binder Planet is working for me. Those are cool trucks. A guy I worked with helped another guy I worked with build one. They went the street rod direction tho. Replaced all the wood cab framing with steel and chopped the top and did a custom bed with ‘32 Ford front fenders and ‘37 Ford truck rear fenders. 350/350/9” combo. I suggested an IH 345 V8 for power . Turned out pretty nice but I don’t have pics. Keep us posted on the project.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

Heres my 35 .Wish I Scan 11.jpeg Scan 10.jpeg still had it .