Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1956 Chevy Asphalt/Round Track Car

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Mitchell Rish, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

City: Houston

State: Mississippi
    Price: 3000 $
    CF101ED9-6985-4A44-9549-828FAA124552.jpeg 1956 Chevy asphalt/round track car. Being built as a street driver. Car is rough in all the normal places,which is why I built it as a street driver-Round track/ asphalt race car. I have however welded up the floor pans. Still needs door seals and lower panels. Could be fixed but you better be ready to do a lot more work - which is why I chose the stock car/ asphalt /road track look. Bill of sale only /way I bought it. The back half is a Cali frame. The front half got a late model clip because it was cheaper to build and easier to use the Franklin/wide five hubs tires and wheels. The doors still open and shut very well. Yes the latches /work. Trunk also - sorry latch is there but its in pretty rough shape. Front header panel is there but needs to be modified to finish the front sheet metal mount. There are no inner wheel wells. This car was torn apart when I got it. There is no interior. I put in a Frankland Q/C. steel tubes/ modified wide five hubs /also have true 3/4 ton ford drive axles to use for the old look. Font hubs are frankland wide five also . The front clip is a 80 camero/firebird( cheaper easier. - the spindles are Howe - cross link is Speedway.Steering box is a GM manual( early truck think )I had it - bolted on and fit so there you go.
    Wheels on back are 14 wide-I forget the tire but think its 28.5 - dirt tack/ the front is 10 wide with a bead lock- same 28.5- dirt track -got three spare tires. The frame was narrowed 5 inches and the body mounts were as well - the body is mounted- ready to go.Now is the time to put the cage in if you are going to. You could straight axle it and go gasser , but I have 2 of those so
    Also included are
    Headlight /taillight assemblies.

Front Cali bumper/ Rear bumper - standard .
    Hood hinges
    Spare engine hood/Radiator/ front header panel/glove box door
    spare tires
    T 5 - 5 speed / with clutch /pp/tb.
    Many set of quick change gears / spare bells/Wide five hubs/ and i think a real deal set of dual splined axles.
    662 542 0796/ 3000$ - there are tons of stuff that I am forgetting but it will all go. I also have tons of pics including the frame build and the clip install.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    mad mechanic and catdad49 like this.
  2. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Sold sold sold. Pending payment.