Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 57 Chevy seat question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gene Gianini, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Gene Gianini

Gene Gianini

Anyone ever put a 55-57 hardtop rear seat and armrests structures in a 55-57 post car?
    Looks like the structures will work but I have to buy them to fry ? Just figured somebody
    Has done this before ? Thanks new member gene

2. Not sure if it answers your particular question, but the rear seats between the hardtop and post cars are different. I know this because someone tried to make a sedan rear seat work in my 210ht. It doesn't. The width had to be cut down, and the part of the springs underneath that is supposed to fit into a specific hole in the floor brace to secure the seat bottom are in different spots.

3. Gene Gianini

Gene Gianini

I know the seats are different, I would like to put the hardtop seat in my post car . I need
    To know if the side armrest full base will fit my sedan without looking stupid. I only
    Have a hardtop rear seat. Don’t want to spend 300 bucks for nothing if it’s not
    Going to work. But thanks anyway. Gene

4. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I have never tried this swap but as you know the Hdtp. seat is narrower and I think the length of the armrests are shorter than the 2Dr.sed. but that should not stop it from working. I had been selling classic Chevy parts for years and this question never came up. Start with placing the hardtop seat in car and see what lines up. I do believe it will work. There must be someone in FL. that has even one you cold borrow. Like I said I think that the armrest will sit back further which would necessitate you finish off the 2-3 inches that the armrest does not cover. Good Luck.

Pat

5. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I put an hardtop front seat in a station wagon without any issues. I had to change shifters to one that went up and around the seat front. I guess I could of cut the seat up but glad now I didn't.

6. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Call Gina at Ciadella's interiors she will know

7. Local guy has done it. Requires some mods. He used the hardtop 1/4 pads also. I'll get you a picture next week. He cut the lazy back spring tops down to remove the hump