Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Measurement for blower pulley

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bonehead II, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Bonehead II

Bonehead II

Hey Guys, I need a measurement from the block of a sbc to the end of the pulley off the crankshaft, for a 3" belt, so I can my motor mounts......Thanks.

2. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

front end or back end???
    also depends on the blower snout
    .250 plates off the waterpump holes works o 100_0976.JPG n my dragster

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The only way to be 100% sure is to have the crank in the block, the actual crank hub, V-belt pulley and blower pulley on hand.

But, it is a SB Chevvie, if somebody has a measurement, most of that stuff is probably the same.

-Abone.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  4. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is my Pontiac, so the information may be meaningless, but from the crank seal to the end of the 3in belt pulley is 5 1/2. If you think about it, all crank seals are going to ride about the same spot on the hub and the hubs are most likely about the same thickness and the 3in pulley is the same, so this distance should be pretty damn close on everything with a blower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or, maybe you should wait for someone with a Chevvie, just in case...

-Abone.

kidcampbell71 and Desoto291Hemi like this.

5. Fordors

Fordors

I have a Fluid Damper, a two v-belt pulley and a 2" Dyer drive and I measure it at 6 1/4", so you could be looking at
    7 1/4". If I was you I would not finalize anything without having parts in front of me. Say for example you had an original Isky drive that uses only a small and short degreed crank hub with space for one v-belt, that would be a big difference from mine. There are a lot of different drives and setups out there, don't get ahead of yourself.

6. Bonehead II

Bonehead II

Thanks to all.