Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Has anyone seen this car- 1932 5w

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T&A Flathead, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Just saw this --- best of luck on your trip. That'd be awesome if you ended up with another '32 5-window!!

Malcolm

2. Tim,
    Now that is a nice one for sure....Hope you can make the deal as I would like to see it.

3. scotti32

scotti32

Looks like a cool car. Hope you get it. Keen to see it pulled out of its slumber.

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

it's Monday morning...wakey, wakey...updates?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. He maybe in shock, can't believe its in his shop:confused::confused::rolleyes:

6. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

No , I wish that was true. The trip got postponed. Just a small delay.

7. Still waiting to here the out come.......

8. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I don't have it yet... The old guy really doesn't want to sell. He told me to check back this winter. I don't want to bug him too much. Not quite sure what I should do from here.

9. kenwood

kenwood
    from ne ohio

I can tell you that I chased an item for 30 years. Every year I would send a Christmas card. I would just tell them if they ever want to sell it please give me a call. This past March his son called, I was able to make a deal and brought the item home. He got a lot of cash and I got the item that I chased for 30 years. You might try the mail.

10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

All this conversation over the phone to him might be thought of as bullshit.
    You need to go see him and the car in person. Shake his hand, look at the car and get to know one another. Bring the trailer and cash and if he thinks you're "too pushy", tell him you wanted to show him your intentions to purchase the car are genuine.
    Make sure the Wife and family sees the cash.
    If you don't make a deal, go Kenwood's route and write a letter/offer to buy the car when the time is right. His idea is an outstanding one as the elders lived and died by the written word and a hand shake.

Being realistic, this may be bought through his estate when he passes. He's had the car 60+ years/since he was a kid and probably isn't about to let go of it. The Wife has probably been nagging him for 40 years. He loses that battle with her if he sells.
    If you don't make a deal but hit it off with him, the Wife, etc., you may get the first call...

11. I think that I would trailer my 32 over to a close location and unload it and drive up to the old guys house and offer to take him for a ride to get to know me and what I am about and just talk 32s. I wouldn't show up with an empty trailer and cash He may take that as aggression, being put in a place between his wife, money, and His car. I had to do this to purchase my 50 custom. I just went with the intentions of sharing and getting to know His car, it only took a year and about 500 questions from Him and His wife, I had to promise I would not street rod it, she almost backed out when I mentioned that I like lake pipes! had to take my truck back and get all the spare parts he had stored in the attic!
    I have been chasing a 32 for about 46ish years and still have hope. just my two cents. good luck

12. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

This hunt is over 2 years old and I'm getting closer. Not going to say much more, I don't want to ginks it. More to come....

brEad, Runnin shine and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. raidmagic

raidmagic

14. Did this ever play out

Sent from my smartass phone when it wants toThe H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

kidcampbell71 likes this.