Register now to get rid of these ads!

july 1st benefit show in ATX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by du$ty, Jun 16, 2006.

1. du$ty

du$ty

we at Crushproof are throwing a benefit show on July 1st next door at the Tillery.we are gonna have some bands,some raffles and maybe some door prizes.All proceeds are gonna go to helping a good friend recover after losing all his tools & his 55 olds custom.bands to be announced.

(post from the h.a.m.b)
    Yes those of you that I talked to in the middle of the night,my garage ,freshly chopped 55 olds,and all my tools were destroyed.My cars are like my childrern.I have been building this olds for 3 years and only had about 2 days left on it.So please forgive me and understand if I'm not myself for a long time,.R.I.P. baby,mike

insurance of course is being no help and will not cover any of the items in the garage.
    pictures of the damage on this thread
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?
    t=113373&page=2

contact me or lux blue if you want to HELP.for those who know what a bond we have with our cars & bikes and those who love us...only you can understand the loss.time ,money & heartbreak.

2. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

As you know.. I'll be there.. and will be glad to do anything I can.

Gable

3. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I will try to make it

4. damnedmk

damnedmk

pRETTY CRAZY SHIT.i HAD JUST CHOPPED IT TO,LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU GUYS,LATER MIKE,GIVE ME A CALL

5. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

Mike, I saw that post and never realized who that was....man that SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! I have to work on July 1st up in DFW but I'll donate some $ for the cause bro... I'll cough up $200 for ya towards tools...not much, if I had more I'd give more

Thomas

6. du$ty

du$ty

back to the top...

7. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

I feel compelled to say something..

Most people around Austin don't know Mike. Which is their loss, he is GOOD FUCKIN PEOPLE, solid as they come, and GENUINE. A novel concept these days.

He lost it all, as car/tools are concerned. Anyone with the passion we all share, knows what a devastating loss that can be.. I don't think Mike has slept with any sort of consistency since the fire.

Please come out to the show, there will be beer, lots of it.. cars, bikes.. and its a good damn cause...

Austin folks.. and I know there are lots of ya.. lets show everyone what Texas hospitality is.

I'm getting off my soapbox now.

Thank you,
    Gable

8. I will help spread the word. I have been through a garage fire and it is a one of the worst things to every deal with. I can't afford to help in the cash department, but I may be able to find him a older garage door. If you can find out the dimentions he needs, PM me. My Uncle is doing a construction job in Oak Hill and is pulling out a few that will be trashed. I think they will be gone by Wednesday, so please let me know.

9. I will see what I can do/offer to help. I probably missed it in the first post, but how did the fire start? Was there fire insurance on the house/garage?

10. geemann51

geemann51

I thought about this yesterday afternoon as I hung a 10 lb fire extinguisher (fathers day present from the girls) out in the new garage. I'll do my best to come on out. Keep us posted on the new project, I'm sure I got some goodies out in my parts pile that I could kick down.....

11. du$ty

du$ty

it looks like we might have to push it back to the beginning of august.we'll keep ya'll posted..later dusty

12. alley cat 1

alley cat 1

keep us posted on the date! the houston crew is down for the cause and will make the trip as well. alley cat skate shop will throw down some goodies for raffle or auction. havent decided what it will be but i have a billion and one collector boards including some rat fink that are signed by jason madrid and some other cool shit. i'll see what my heart will let me part with. but h-town has your back!!!!!

larry

13. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

I betcha some old Zorlac or Jeff Phillips stuff would bring some bucks for the cause!

14. If the date is bumped back to August I'll send you a couple of panels or a skate deck to auction, raffle or whatever.

15. kmbgt

kmbgt
    from Austin, TX

Let me know when the date is I'll definately be there.

16. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

If it's still there after the Shut Up and Skate Show, I'll auction my deck. I'll also see if any of the other guys would be down for that...

17. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

it's looking like early August for sure. All of our Musician buddies are currently on tour, and we have to make this thing BIG. so far, the line up is pretty damned impressive for some small potatoes fellas such as ourselves.

Honky
    Dixie Witch
    Amplified Heat
    The Tombstones
    and a few others.
    There will be beer, and I am trying to arrange a large sized beef feast.
    ( that's bar-b-que,Yankee.)
    of course, all involved are invited to bring out thier rides, and there will be a raffle for some cool stuff,and a silent auction on some art,goodies,and even some labor here at the shop (as in you buy the parts,we install,and you didn't even have to gat greasy!)
    more soon,
    Lux

18. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Watching this for a concrete date. Some buddies & I would like to visit.
    Show support.
    Drink too much.
    Pass the hat.
    I'll do my best to drag some ol Krusty fukers in from out of town so let us know.:D David

19. For those of us from out of town, where is the Tillery located. Yea, I know Seguin is not that far away, but I do not get up to Austin too often.

20. du$ty

du$ty

Crushproof &Tillery is on the East side of ATX on tillery street off C. Chavez..or 5th. 421 TILLERY

21. damnedmk

damnedmk

I'm been kind of anti- social for the past month,since the fire(more than usual)but I would like to thank everyone that has showed support.They towed car this morning so its time to move on.I picked up a 59 ford the other day from one of my best friends Frank Palmer,so it helped me forget about the time that I put into my car,it was nice to be able to get a car from such a close friend also.Thank you it really means a lot that some people really care, special thanks to,my Wife Danielle, Frank Palmer,Dennis,Dusty,Arlo,and Gable,and thanks again to everyone else that has showed support,mike

22. extremist

extremist

If it's in first week of August I'm there. Sorry to hear about your loss.
    /Mike

23. du$ty

du$ty

August 11th Is The New Date.

24. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Alrighty then. We look to darken your doorway after work, in the evening somtime.

25. kmbgt

kmbgt
    from Austin, TX

I'll be there.

26. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

note to self...begin saving up for new kidneys now...

27. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

LOL...your signature...I don't even need the initials:D