Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Steel wheel centers 12. 5/8th O.D.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by divco13, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

15" Buick wheels from the '50s .........maybe also from the late '40s and early '60s. I used a pair of the Buick centers in Speedway Shells for my Buick. The Buick wheels have 5 x 5" bolt circle.

Ray

2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I used Buick, Olds centers with Ford centers in my 'dumped rim' high school biz.
    Prototype Traction Masters were Black Pipe! (compression fit, what was gonna happen? Worked great.)
    Every 'cool car' in the lot had dumped rims, mostly rears, some all 4.:) $$$$
    Lotsa Buick wheels, $2 each. What, are we gonna run out?:eek: Dumped rims in black, $20 each.
    Nostalgia......and, YES! I still collect 'em.:cool:
    '55 Chevy front bumpers, too...in case they ever come back in style!:rolleyes:

3. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

This won't answer your question directly, but, I had a similar problem. I had old Keystone 8" wide wheels. I cut out the centers and used centers from an old set of wheels that had riveted centers. Drilled out the rivets and knocked out the centers with a 2x4 and hammer. Knocking out the centers, and reversing the rim is how we did it almost 50 years ago.

Hnstray, Atwater Mike and Elcohaulic like this.

4. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

I bought those speedway hoops and used my original centers from my 48 plymouth, they fit perfectly. They have 5 on 4 1/2

5. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

So you guys are having no issues with the Speedway hoops? I wanted to make some GM Rally wheels 8" with a 5.25 back space..

6. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

No issues in 3 years.

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hot tip: International pickup wheels thru the '50s had 5-on-4.5" pattern, were deeper than Fords, and 5" wide.
    Center takes Ford cap, ('40-'48 pass. type) has identical 4 nubs internal.
    I had an 8" Mustang rear in my '29 Hiboy, these wheels on rear were the 'hot setup'.

Oh, they also came in 16", thru the '40s. Same pattern, same hub cap nubs.

Mr48chev likes this.
  8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

See what Marsh Racing Wheels has to offer..

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know what Stockton wheel has now but my buddy used to buy a lot hoops and I think a few centers from them.