Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Measurement Help on a '38 Ford Deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anothercarguy, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Might someone be able to give me the total width of a '38 Ford at the top of the front wheel arch/fenders? Thanks in advance.

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Don’t really understand the area that needs measurement.
    Can you make a quick drawing and take a picture?

3. 20190823_134220.jpg
    Sorry it's upside down and a poor quality sketch...but hope you get the idea.

4. Ok, so now that I'm on a computer (not my phone) I was able to at least rotate the poor quality sketch. Hoping someone might be able to post a measurement of the outside drivers to outside passenger side front fenders at the top of the wheel arch. Please and thank you again. 20190823_134220.jpg

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Petejoe likes this.

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Going to
    Bump this up.
    I could measure a 37 coupe but I don’t know if it is exactly the same dimensions.

anothercarguy likes this.
  6. Bump anyone with a '38 and a tape measure? Little help please?

7. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Back up again

8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Wtf.
    Try fordbarn.com

9. I have a 38 deluxe but it is currently disassembled. Sorry, I hope you get the info soon.

10. I'm not sure why the reluctance...apparently there are no '38 Ford owners on the HAMB that own a tape measure.

But there does seem to be plenty to answer questions like...what color fuzzy dice do you hate most on cars that power park at car shows, or why does my 1962 Cadillac straight axle gasser clone not handle like a Cadillac any more?

Come on fellow hambers, a little help on this would be appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  11. @anothercarguy I will be bolting the front clip all back on my 39 Standard this weekend, if you still need the measurement then I will post it up. I can do from the outside to outside of the wheels today if that helps.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. Apparently all of us hamb'rs have our '38 Deluxes and '39 standards in pieces. Fear not, fortunately the guys over on the Fordbarn still have their's together and were able to operate a tape measure. Thanks @Petejoe for sticking with my request, bumping, and ultimately the suggestion to try the question over on the Fordbarn.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Petejoe likes this.
  13. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Measured my 38 Standard.. Best I could tell; 69 1/4"....

14. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

What?? No thank you or that's what I needed....

15. @scrap metal 48, Sorry about that...indeed thank you, that was exactly what I needed. The guys over on the Fordbarn had already provided the measurement (within about an hour of asking) and your measurement was an excellent confirmation of the number they provided. The fact that I already had the number is no excuse for me not taking the time to acknowledge your effort and letting you know how much I appreciated it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  16. The measurement from the outside face of the tire on the front of my 39 standard is 67 1/4 inches. That is using a Dropped 36 axle that is narrowed a bit and 15 x 5 wheels with 5.60 X 15 tires on them.

17. Thank you. That helps too.