Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 60 panel truck help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by irish wolfhound, Aug 12, 2019.

1. irish wolfhound

irish wolfhound

Hello, I have a 60 ford panel truck. Cannot find any rear door seals for my truck. They never made seals for this truck in repo.Can any one here guide me to buying other seals that will work. J C Whitney carried all kind of seals 45 years ago and they are non to be had today. So what have you done to your panel truck to seal up rear doors? Thanks for any guidance

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

I don't think modern panel trucks are traditional hotrods

3. And that relates to door seals how?
    Edit,check Macs-CJ Pony- Dennis carpenter or LMC

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  4. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1960 isn't modern

6. Please clarify modern. According to Ryan traditional ends at 1965. And,, if you don't think a Panel Truck can be a Hot Rod please tell me what this sectioned and channeled one should be called.
    20180712_185428.jpg

nochop, BJR, Bandit Billy and 7 others like this.
  7. If you have an example of what was on it, check out Steele Rubber Products... They have universal weather stripping and if you can match the profile either in their catalog or on line, you win!

Blue One likes this.
  8. Another thought is check out the 53-56 seals that are available. As I remember it they have molded lower corners. That's important for a good seal. I believe 57-60 doors are the same across the bottom as well as top to bottom. Difference I believe is top outside corners are more squared off and the doors are wider on the top. That's all that keep them from interchanging. Find a 53-56 to look at. Then maybe buy 2 sets of 53-56 door seals and add a section on the top to make them work.

9. Long shot but maybe try calling Mid Fifty F100 parts in Arizona and ask.

10. Restoration Specialties probably has it in bulk. If you have any left, match up the profile measurements. Their online catalog is tedious. Give them a call, think you want to talk to Jeff, IIRC. He may know it off the top of his head.

11. Fuckin bitchin

kidcampbell71 and Pist-n-Broke like this.
  12. eberhama

eberhama

I'm with Pist-n, look at the 53-56 ones. Ford didn't spend much time or effort on panels trucks, a lot of the rear door stuff is pretty similar from the mid-40's to the 1960 model.

13. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

Wow, that is one sweet panel......

14. Yeah, Steele rubber, check with them. They're expensive, but, the quality is definitely there.

15. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

I would go to Pull-A-Part and yank something off a latemodel.

16. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

Check Mcmaster-Carr catalog online. lots of different seals sold by length.

17. These Panel rear doors have molded lower corners making a standard extrusion less than ideal. Maybe better than nothing but not by much.

18. BJR

BJR

A Custom! :D

Pist-n-Broke likes this.
  19. I'll accept that although it's always been just the Panel Truck to me. More Hot Rod than Custom and used for work.

20. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Let’s see it