Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greetings from the Low Country!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by LowCountry Mike, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Hey gang,
    I recently came into an older 1923 T-bucket kit car. It came with a bill-of-sale only, and was abandoned on a friend of my parents property in Virginia. I no nothing of this car, and have only started to peel back this onion.

The engine (302 out of a 72 Torino) had clean oil, transmission was bone dry, and brake fluid was non-existent. Not having a conversation with the previous owner, I had no clue what I was getting myself into. Brought it back to South Carolina and started tinkering with it. Engine fired with almost no work at all, runs well, but the temp gage doesn't work so I kept it short. I'm currently trying to identify the rear and front suspension because they are going to need work. If it has a rubber bushing or sleeve, it has to be replaced. Please let me know which forum is appropriate to post pics asking for help identifying it. Bucket.jpg

I consider myself a pretty mechanical dude, and plan on doing most of the work in the garage with my son. I look forward to learning from this group!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. That can be a lot of FUN!!!! I like what I'm seeing. It has a very cool stance or {rake}. Love the old Keystone mags. What's the big box under the dash for? I don't care much for the scoop on a single carb, but that's { just me } I'm seeing Kandy Apple metal flake Red!! With White tuck and rolled interior. We need to see more pictures of the front and rear, to help you though. Keep us posted on your progress. Put your post on the main forum. Thanks Ron....

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  3. Ron,
    Thanks for the response. Having just retired from the Marine Corps, I planned on getting a knuckle busting classic car. The bucket wouldn't have been on my radar if it wasn't for the price, I was looking all over the spectrum for something to wrench on during the winter.
    I haven't opened the big interior box, nor do I care for it, but I would imagine it has to do with transmission fitment. If I can, I will get rid of it. This seems to be a VERY old kit, the tires were stamped in 2008. As far as the engine, I plan on pulling it and having it gone through professionally. Once that's done, I'll figure out which route I'd like to go, but the scoop won't be a part of it. Again, thanks for the reply. I'm going to head over to the main forum and post some brake/suspension questions.

4. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Close up pictures of the suspension would help

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. bonneville bones

bonneville bones

Personally, I would get it running and driving. Sort out any serious safety issues ( keeping in mind that it’s a sketchy ass hot rod) and drive it! I’ve seen it play out to many times where someone decided to rebuild the whole damn car and it never goes back together. Small weekend projects while keeping it as your driver is way more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.