Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do You Have A List Of The Hoffman Companies ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomsrule, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hoffman / Johnny Law etc.
    Sells Dangerous Crap & they don't give a $#!T about the customers!

STAY AWAY!

Sent from my SM-G930T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Echo Echo Echo

3. Oldb

Oldb

Unfortunately you may have just paid into your tuition fund, for the school of life. A good friend of mine had a weld on the upper a arm break on a MII ft. end on his Model A. The kit came from Summit, not sure who made it. Luckily he was not killed. Car went into the ditch. Ruined a steel fender and his pride. He was much more particular about the parts he used to rebuild it.
    Maybe you can make a mail box out of that axle.

B

4. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been looking for 3 point belts for my '54 Ranch Wagon. Found a couple of listings for belts made by SafeTyboy which sounded promising. But I did some more checking and wouldn't you know it, they are part of the Hoffman Group. One of the sellers was Custom Supply Warehouse. Their logo said
    SANTA CLARIA, CA with a picture of an American flag. Not Santa Clara or Santa Clarita but the it doesn't exist Santa Claria, CA so I'm assuming that Custom Supply Warehouse is just another spin off of the Hoffman Group. Needless to say I'm looking elsewhere for seat belts.

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

51504bat likes this.
  6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Make sure the belts are DoT approved, anyone can manufacture and sell them however down here they must be DoT approved. Never skimp on safety to save $$; tyres, suspension, brakes, seat belts etc.

7. williebill

williebill

Crafty bastards, aren't they?

8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

9. Crayons

Crayons

I agree. ...great product and stellar service . When I wanted a certain buckle with a color not normally supplied. ..they said "no problem, we can do that "....no extra cost.

10. Chacka

Chacka

when hoffman group was starting out, they had a massive and very pushy sales team that was starving for new accounts. i was in the wiring and final assembly business back then and ordered a large amount of harnesses and electrical parts. COMPLETE GARBAGE, by the the time it was all said and done I had to rewire a customers car(again) with a harness from my regular supplier. That was the one and only item i ever used from hoffman, everything else eventually went in the trash (3500 in parts went in the dumpster, after we unleashed our wrath on them). When i reached out to them, I was told by the company that maybe i didnt know what i was doing. At the time i was a part of a different forum and after sharing my story and their contact info, they made sure that 1 i was heard and 2 that they had pizzza and take out delivered to them everyother day. I ran into them at sema the following year, I told them who I was and instructed them on how i was going to sit there and tell everyone that walked by how great they were. turns out nobody working the booth was employed by them long enough to know about my transaction, but after doin some clicking they found me. They wound up offering me a 500 dollar credit , an appology and a new distributor account. I told them to suck a dick , a big one!!!!. DO NOT GIVE THESE CROOKS YOUR MONEY.

11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hoffman group

WiredSpider and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. crapgame

crapgame

Just happened onto this thread and wanted to add my experience with Hoffman Companies, specifically AutoLoc. I bought a cheap power window setup from them and finally concluded that it was a piece of trash and unworkable. I didn't ask for my money back; just chalked it up to experience and bought a quality system from another company. But I'll never buy another AutoLoc product, nor will I ever knowingly trade with another Hoffman Companies front. Everything they sell is ridiculously inexpensive, which probably should tell us something. ... Another observation: I noted that there are a couple of comments in this thread that just went over the top defending Hoffman. Be wary of that. If you look at Hoffman reviews on Yelp, the company's overall rating is one star. But there are a number of four and five star reviews that Yelp has marked as unreliable. Most of them come from Portland, OR, where Hoffman is headquartered. That's another thing that should tell you something about Hoffman and its culture.

TCATTC and mgtstumpy like this.
  13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

This thread should be called "The shitlist".

mgtstumpy likes this.
  14. senginc

senginc
    from B'ham, AL

I bought a front steer Helix Cornerkiller suspension kit and a 4 bar parallel link rear suspension in September 2019. I ordered from Tom and discussed at length the parts included in the package I bought, as a result I got what I expected. I also talked to tech Jimmy before ordering to make sure everything sounded correct.
    They shipped incorrect upper control arms and I had a few small parts missing. I contacted tech named Jimmy and sent pics of everything received. They shipped the correct and missing parts.
    I had quite a few questions on installation, again the tech named Jimmy helped me. Later while assembling I found 1 coilover shock to be too stiff but they sent a replacement.
    These parts are imports but found the quality to be acceptable and saved a good bit of money over alternative manufacturers.
    They do not send a packing list with the parts listed so you must promptly and carefully lay out all parts and determine if you received all the correct parts and take pictures with all parts laid out.
    Ii will be several more months before my project is ready to test drive, I hope everything works as it should.
    I give a conditional good recommendation as long as you talk to a salesman and discuss your order in detail before ordering so that you will know what you are supposed to get and if you are

15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have cut up their control arms and found them to be welded seam water pipe, of unknown materials strength.

Given how easy the metal gave way to the saw blade, I would not use it for an non-structural art project.

You are not only placing yourself at-risk, but everyone who is nearby when you drive.

Use the money you saved to upgrade your life insurance.

Tman, Moriarity, town sedan and 4 others like this.
  16. Any one else have a argument with tech services? I screwed up and bought a corner killer mustang 2 swap for my 1952 chevrolet sedan delivery. Looking at the cross member and it just doesn't look right to the frame. Finally got ahold of them they sent a 58.5" track width frontend. After mentioning i need a 56.5" he started arguing with me that this is what everyone uses for a 49-54 chevy car.
    Sense when do you have a frontend that is wider then the rear axle? He told me i have to buy rims to get the tread width i want!!! Am i wrong or is every other company and me measuring the front end wrong?

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If you are buying Hoffman shit, you are on the wrong website.

coast40, Ned Ludd, hotrodA and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.