Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs OPL radiators. Warning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olds vroom, Jul 28, 2019.

1. 31 Chopped Coupe

31 Chopped Coupe

This is exactly why I saved and saved for quite a while so I could purchase a Walker radiator when I was building my rod. It fit perfectly and works flawlessly. You truly get what you pay for and this is one area where you should not cut corners if at all possible. I learned this lesson about forty years ago when I built my Jeep. I tried several wrecking yard radiators and finally went to an old school radiator shop where they custom built a four row cross flow for me and it is still working good to this day. Bite the bullet and swallow the pill if you can, you won't regret it in the long run.

2. oldtom69

oldtom69
    from grandin nd

Aluminum radiators have a short usable life anyway-thats why OEM's are using them.Cut one apart after a year or so and notice the tubes get a build-up on them narrowing the opening.Any compression leak into the cooling system will bulge the tubes hurting airflow.I've had a power steering hose rub a hole through a tank[my fault]You need to look at a radiator now as a disposable maintenance part or spend and buy a good copper/brass radiator

3. squirrel

squirrel

we've never had any trouble at all with the plastic tank aluminum core radiators in later model cars. You do need to maintain the cooling system every 5 years, of course.

ffr1222k and AHotRod like this.
  4. Exactly what is a "pants pisser fella"?
    Just asking for a friend....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. ...........Might be a colloquialism for a "drunk".:confused:

chevy57dude likes this.
  6. Yeah, that's my thoughts also. HRP

7. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, he was. The guy was just a good ol' boy redneck who liked to have a drink or two dozen, every now and then he'd pass out in the bar and lose control of his urinary sphincter.

But he could build a damn radiator.

8. Ok, I asked. Fair enough!

9. I'll bet he was the first guy who owned a radiator shop that used the motto "A Great Place To Take A Leak"! :rolleyes:

pitman, 54vicky and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey! I think I know that guy!

11. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

12. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois