Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Aussiespeed Products— what say you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hnstray, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Looking for information regarding the line of Aussiespeed products, generally the inline 6 cylinder manifolds , specifically the 4bbl for 194/292 GM engines.

Anybody have info on the performance characteristics of these manifolds and the company reputation in general?

Thanks for any input you may be able to offer.

Ray

2. rooman

rooman

Adelaide was my home town before I moved to the US so let me make some calls and see what I can find out

Roo

Hnstray and firstinsteele like this.
  3. Yamagrant

Yamagrant

I bought a finned coil cover from them through Small Town Speed in McKinney, TX. It was very well made. I talked to the People at Aussie, and they told me to Talk to Cory Graham, or email [email protected] Good luck.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Back up for the night crew........

6. clem

clem

7. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

There's a guy in the US that sells parts from them on eBay. I had a question once and asked him. They look like really nice parts, but I haven't seen any in person. I follow the company on Facebook.

Tom Lowe might know more about the performance of the intakes. 12bolt.com

8. earlymopar

earlymopar

I had a slant 6, long branch 4-barrel manifold from them that I did not end up using due to taking a different path on engines. It was a very nice casting of a far better design than the competitor products.

- EM

9. Bonehead II

Bonehead II

I have there long 4 bbl. intake, Headers, Valve cover.
    Very well made, good service, and yes I would buy from them agine.

10. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Good company. Good stuff.

Nuff said!

;)

11. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Thanks to all that replied. What I didn’t say in my original post was that I had recently purchased an Aussiespeed 4 bbl from the US marketer in Florida for my 250 Chevy 6 currently being built.

I kept looking at the listing for the manifold and really liked the shape of the branches, having about a 45* bend at the ends instead of the 90* on a manifold [Offy) I have had for some time.

However, when I received the Aussiespeed manifold it was kind of overwhelming. Really seemed massive at first. I Googled for info and found an unflattering article about Aussiespeed. That kind of spooked me. So, I sought info from Hambers, especially from OZ. Meanwhile, I have became more comfortable with the manifold and intend to go ahead and use it for this build.

The shop who is doing the build on the 250 is going to do a cam break in and dial in fuel and ignition on a dyno so I will have some tangible evidence of it’s performance. After that has been accomplished I will post some pics and the results of the dyno pulls.

The 250 will be installed later this year in a ‘37 Chevy Coupe I acquired a few months ago.

Again, Thank You for responding to my request for comments.

Ray

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    lumpy 63 likes this.
  12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have the twin to your manifold for my 292 and yes I agree with the massive part. They did sell a piece to put in the plenum to direct the flow a bit for the street but I have not found it listed lately.

Hnstray likes this.