Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Old Conn. roadster history?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doodlrodz, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Taking a wild shot here to see if anyone from around Windsor, Conn. remembers this car? Believe to have been built in the '60s by Frank Czelazewicz . The rear fenders were a little unique and front end too, original '32 frame, '31 body with slight channel. Any help would be appreciated. '31 before.jpg '31 before2.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. oldolds

oldolds

Wow! Those wheels hurt my eye's! No help on the car though.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

The above pictures were of the car as it was purchased from Frank, it had an early '60s Impala rear coil suspension grafted onto the '32 frame that was removed and replaced with coil overs. When I got it it was in dark grey rustoleum , I started sanding down a few little areas that were bumped up that I thought was just bondo that hadn't been sanded all the way but turned out to be old paint build up and found several old shades of blue, red, tan, and some sanding marks that look like they did it with a hatchet. The body panels all have the same colors in spots so seem to be original. patina2 014.JPG patina2 015.JPG patina2 010.JPG

loudbang, bowie and tb33anda3rd like this.

5. Did you follow through on the info that I gave you ?

6. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Someone from the Ty-Rods should be able to help. Those guy's have been around forever.

7. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Made a bunch of calls this morning and thanks for everyone and the tips. Looks like the car was originally built as a hot rod in the '70s The car club Frank belonged to used to go up to Vermont and New Hampshire on weekends searching for projects and one of the guys was pretty sure Frank bought the body on one of those trips.