Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Anyone ever ship a vehicle from Alaska down to the lower 48?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Jul 23, 2019.

1. I bought an old pickup up in Fairbanks AK. Working on shipping down to Seattle area, and just wondering if anyone on here has any real hand experience in shipping from Alaska to the states? I imagined it would come by barge, but looking online looks like lots of trucks make runs too? Any advise anyone can give me...

2. flatford39

flatford39

Don't do that to us...what did you buy???

3. alchemy

alchemy

Just don't let them truck it across any of those "ice roads".

4. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Yes years ago (1971) the Army shipped my car from Anchorage to Seattle. I was stationed in Anchorage and was discharged in Seattle. I drove the car to the docks, when I was discharged picked it up at the docks in Seattle. Uncle Sam picked up the bill

5. If it's running, there's the ferry...

trulyvintage likes this.

6. Run yes, run/drive/stop...not really

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

HAMBer works at the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum in Fairbanks - a lot of distance to Anchorage but, likely knows what is involved with shipping - I went to museum years ago and he posted on my thread - will search around to see if I can find his name - he communicated in the middle of the night California time - even without his name maybe call museum and ask if they can refer you to someone in Anchorage

8. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

Chris, There is a guy that advertises on Alaska List (kind of a Alaska Craig's List). He quoted me $1200.00 to ship my brothers 2001 GMC pick up to Tacoma. He puts them in a sealed semi trailer & takes them down the Alcan. I will see if I can find his information. It might give you a option if nothing else. What did you end up stealing from us up here any way? :rolleyes:

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

http://www.minn-ak.com/ Try these guys. Their not the company I am thinking of, but I ran across their web site.

11. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

12. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

if it goes alcan make sure everything is bolted down! bumpy trip! cheapest route is ferry i think. depends on how much your time is worth

13. Best method

Jim