Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical HELP WHAT IS THIS FENDER???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnold1938, Jul 17, 2019.

1. johnold1938

johnold1938
    from indiana

here is a pass rear DSC00287.JPG fender I bought from a ford barn member told me it was a 1940-41 ford pickup fender tried to mock it up and not even close don't match running board and the rear section is to wide plus there is no crease on the top of the fender like the drivers side.

Attached Files:

2. looks a little like this. IMG_5923.JPG

3. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I was going to say late 30s Chev. Not Dodge/Plymouth/Fargo due to lack of speed lines. Also though International but I'm convinced Chevy.

4. Bear40

Bear40
    from Minnesota

Fits 1940-46 Chev./GMC 1/2 and 3/4-ton. Technically '42-'46 judging from the style of fender brace.

5. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Can you return the fender? Since it was FordBarn you can approach the seller that his description was wrong and return it. I see so many parts on that site and on this site as well as EBAY(big time) not ID'd correctly.I am mainly into Early Ford's .I go thru parts listed quite often looking for friends.When I see an item that I know is not ID'd correctly I alert the seller. My point is to get lots of pics and ask lots of questions from the seller or post on the Forum "what does a real one look like".

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Petejoe likes this.
  6. 39-46 Chev/GMC pickup, that's worth a bunch of $

7. johnold1938

johnold1938
    from indiana

well fellas, so far great input as always, this guy is what we all dread to deal with, I saw several pics. he knows what a ford fender looks like cause he posted one on eBay correctly, why he would pawn this chevy fender on me I don't know. he will not return my calls, not very profesional, agree! SO HERE WE GO ! first I would like the ford barn to contact his sight to make good or shut him down. I have his name and address really don't want to go through the legal process. all I'm asking is for him to make it right!!

Nicholas Coe likes this.