Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flathead no spark

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jesse Cammisano, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Jesse Cammisano

Jesse Cammisano

Hello I’m new to this forum so I’m not sure if I’m even doing this correctly, I have a 1950 ford f4 I recently pulled out of a barn in ks and I have been fighting a no spark issue for a long time, i put a battery on it and it burned up the wires in the distributor, so I rewired it and put a new set of points condenser etc. in and being a 6 volt positive ground system I ran the dist wire to the positive side of the coil and a wire to the negative side of the battery from the negative side of the coil, it has new plugs and wires, and I used the solenoid to crank it over, still no spark, im only 17 and this is my first Flathead v8, I’ve worked on my Flathead 6 in my dodge and it’s been a breeze compared to this thing, if anybody can tell me what I’m doing wrong I would really appreciate it.

2. walter

walter