Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1952 3100 Wiper Blade Attachment?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ty C. Denton, Jul 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ty C. Denton

Ty C. Denton
    from Austin, TX

I'm trying to figure out how to attach the wiper blades on my '52 3100. I have these wiper arms and these blades (arms are already installed). The blades have a flimsy little tab on the top that seems like it gets inserted in the slot on the end of the arms, but it seems like there should be something else that holds the blades in other than just the pressure of the arm against the windshield. I've tried searching the forum(s) for help, but anything with "wipers" returns mostly info about vacuum/electronic wiper motor conversions. Does anybody have a close-up pic of these style arms/blades installed that I could use as a guide? Thanks in advance!

2. DIYGUY

DIYGUY
    from West, TX

96AD5BCC-C93D-4824-B888-5ECA9A083DAF.jpeg Like this?

Ty C. Denton likes this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's all there is. Lift the arm high enough to roll the hook into the slot in the end of the arm and lay the rubber on the windshield.
    This is a bad photo of a stock arm. The factory arms don't have a lot of tension on them like new arms or some IMG_4889.JPG replacement arms do. The stock vacuum motors won't handle a lot of drag on the blade too well.

Ty C. Denton likes this.
  4. Ty C. Denton

Ty C. Denton
    from Austin, TX

That's it, DIYGUY! THANKS to you and Mr48chev for the pics and info!!