Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical BBC short water pump

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mike Colemire, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

What years had the short pump and were there any difference in them? As far as difference, I mean did certain ones cool better? I'm going to order one tomorrow to replace the one on my sedan and I was thinking a 67 BBC chevelle but I couldn't remember when they went to the long pump.

2. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Mid year corvette,65,66,67. Maybe later also

3. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I got on Rock Auto and what they want for a stock style pump I can get an alum one with more coolant capacity and flow for a few dollars more, I just ordered one. I'm afraid of these "new" pumps from these auto parts stores anymore, seems like 3 out of 5 come back right after the warranty is up. Used to be you avoided the rebuilt pumps and bought new if you wanted them to last.

swade41 and Deuces like this.
  4. Deuces

Deuces

I had that problem some years back with rebuilt small block Ford pumps .... I ended up with one from Napa that lasted....

5. squirrel

squirrel

camaro/chevelle/full size/etc switched from short to long in 69. Trucks switched in 73. Vettes were all short.

s55mercury66 and Deuces like this.